Author Topic: New Spell Idea  (Read 4274 times)

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
New Spell Idea
« on: November 27, 2013, 04:43:18 PM »
Spell Name: Annul

By means of this spell, the caster attempts to annul magical effects on a single player, mob, or item. If successful, some or all magical effects will be dispelled. Only previously enchanted items may be annulled, and there is a chance removing the magic bonus will destroy the armor or weapon.

Component Casting: Increases the chance of multiple effects dispelled and increases the chance that only negative effects will be removed when cast on self.

Legendary Rank: Allows Annul to be cast as an area effect spell with the chance to remove magical effects from multiple mobs/players.

I envision this being a really cool spell that has a % chance of removing any magical effect that could show up on the Score. Could be used offensively to dispel shields, fly, hero, cloak of bravery, etc. Or used defensively to remove blind, hold person, stun, curse, or any other nasty magical effect.

Used at the Legendary level, this could be a huge game changer in clan battles allowing one successful spell to remove tent, nightmare, insect swarm, etc if used defensively...or wiping out a group of mages magical protections opening them up to attack if cast as an area offensive spell.

Think dispel magic on steroids.

reed23

• Zone Leader
Re: New Spell Idea
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 06:34:20 PM »
c 'annul' clan-WILD

Lyam

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 08:32:06 PM »
isnt this like cleanse?

or do you want more than just white robes to have this type of spell available?

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 11:34:04 PM »
Yeah I was thinking having this for all robes, book spell of 7th circle.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »
Took under 2 hours for the troll Reed to show up. Well done. You once again show why you're such an ass-et to this game.

Personally, I like the idea of more dispel magic type weapons/items for tank types.. Not sure if adding more spells to casters to dispel other spells is the best way to get rid of effects (positive or negative.) I think that cleanse/white robe has its purpose and by crossing more spells to other robes you reduce the diversity that each robe has..then you head back more towards the 1 robe/class mage.

Interesting idea.

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 04:51:47 PM »
I guess the biggest difference is annul has the chance to wipe out multiple magical effects with one casting. I thought long and hard about how to give this skill to a non-caster class but that was beyond my creative ability.

Along the same lines, I think a single use item/wand that can turn any room no magic for x number of ticks or rounds would be the bomb. Mage bombing would have a great defense if you could turn the room no magic.

Of course popping said item would be difficult and appropriately scaled to its effectiveness.

Lyam

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 08:08:20 PM »
changing cleanse spell to hit mulitple spells and allowing it to be available to all robes would be helpful, would have to see which slot it should go into, prob different for each robe to either make them mem a buff offence spell or have a good defence spell...

also like the idea of having this type of thing in an item available to tank classes with a 1 or 2 charges... i dont think that it should be hard to obtain and it should have a limit of around 5, this would allow multiple clans to obtain it, just make the item norent so it cant be deeprented and give it a timer of like 2hours

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 12:03:05 AM »
isnt this like cleanse?

or do you want more than just white robes to have this type of spell available?

I think it was intended as mass cleanse

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 12:46:18 AM »
cleanse is already an area spell that hits everyone twice at legendary. how can there be a mass cleanse?

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 07:05:53 PM »
you use more soap, obviously