Author Topic: How to skill hide solo  (Read 3152 times)

Joe

• Fodder
How to skill hide solo
« on: November 25, 2013, 11:42:51 PM »
Being largely a solo player these days I figured I'd level hide/sneak solo. Sneak isn't that bad. I run into some easy mobs that are agro and keep flee/sneaking out until I skill up.

Hiding however, has been a disaster. My skill is "poor". I am not wearing a light and no glowing gear. For a total of about 3 hours, half in each location, I repetitively hid every minute or so in either Solace SQ or solace sewers where lots of mobs are wandering.

So what gives? Without someone poking me a bunch or pulling horses/charmies around, does anyone have a tip on skilling hide past poor solo?

sart

Re: How to skill hide solo
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 01:29:35 AM »
think it through a bit more man...  There is a way.

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 11:46:55 AM »
Some skills are just a pain to solo skill and hide is one of them.

Here are some ideas (though untested)

Find mobs that tracks you when aggro. Kill those, flee and hide. When they track in, it will trigger your learn hopefully.

Some mobs scan and walk to you. Move next to these and hide and wait for them to come in.

Then there are mobs that keeps moving around a lot. Blood shoal comes to mind but don't start going there to train hide. :)

I would just pay someone or shout for someone to help in training hide. Hopefully someone with refresh and get it over with.

Just don't go wearing any special eq or buy special ranks that might screw your learn chance. When in doubt, go dt and start skilling.

sart

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 05:08:18 PM »
Gulca wears women's underwear.