Author Topic: No Summon  (Read 5564 times)

eddiex

• Zoner
No Summon
« on: August 28, 2012, 06:01:21 PM »
It seems that most of the items that used to be no summon are now changed.  Furthermore there is not even a no_summon rank available for purchase.  I just wonder what the reasoning behind this is. In PvC you may not have many issues with being summoned, but in PvP it seems like it is just easier to trash it up now.  While a nonstacked 30 healer can summon a stacked char easily with extreme benefit, a stacked char summoning a naked summoner and killing it does not really do much to prevent the action from taking course.  I was just wondering the logic behind making nosummons more scarce, because it seems to be solely advantageous to those with nothing to lose from a PVP standpoint.

DCPTY1986

Re: No Summon
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:06:30 AM »
Sorry Bro, this was already discussed last wipe and Aristox told people to get a lucky bone charm and deal with it.  On the other hand I think that the imms should add a -learn and -5 wis to the lucky bone charm to prevent bot skilling and avoid having to delete people.

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 01:07:46 PM »
Sorry Bro, this was already discussed last wipe and Aristox told people to get a lucky bone charm and deal with it.  On the other hand I think that the imms should add a -learn and -5 wis to the lucky bone charm to prevent bot skilling and avoid having to delete people.

Disagree. They should be more prudent in catching said botters.

What about the people who are skilling while at their computer?

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 07:42:26 PM »
I am just curious behind the reasoning behind it. It only seems to promote trash in my understanding.  Anyone can make a level 30 druid and load summon on a 2 man (readily available to anyone).  But the only readily available no summon is a bone charm which is -20 conc and -50% damage doesn't seem balanced.

snax

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 09:16:14 PM »
I happen to have a couple +hr/damroll neck nosummon/nocharms (2).  Find me and kill my 8th alt.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 12:52:26 AM »
Are you getting summoned a lot?  I know some folks have mastered the delicate art of summon pk (3-2-1 summon, everyone run in!) but I can't even get my own clannies to summon me while I'm sleeping on just one cast.  If someone is summoning you then go to a nosummon room - they are EVERYWHERE.  If you want to zone still, there are whole zones which are largely nosummon...go there.  If they do catch you on the first try then set up a recall trigger. 

There are so many options to avoid summon pk its hard to believe people even use it anymore.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 02:15:36 PM »
hahaha @ alecto

I am assuming your glass is half full.