Author Topic: arctic needs an external rep  (Read 9508 times)

patersmith

• Favorite Zone: Temple of Orcus
arctic needs an external rep
« on: November 09, 2013, 12:46:39 PM »
So i am sitting having a cupa joe and i see in the news.. a hockey coach talk about a questionable hit.. then i see a police media rep talk about excessive violence.  Then i think that arctic needs the same sort of rep to put its best foot forward when dealing with the outside world.  We need someone with a diferent skill set.. someone who is articulate, maybe has a background in sales and marketing.  We shouldn't have the fastest skater, best penalty killer or even the best player on the ice be the spokesperson for the org.  Maybe we could get the 31s to work on it?

Dyl

• Zoner
Re: arctic needs an external rep
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 02:37:44 PM »
Too many Molson XXX Canada boy.

Davy

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 03:04:25 PM »
I tried to be a rep today. Told my supervisor why I was turning in my vacation/time off paper work for Dec 6th and 7th. I think she thought I was being sarcastic when I said I'm taking two days off to play a text based video game.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 10:10:38 PM »
We should re-market arctic as the world's best speed typing class

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 10:33:20 PM »

I could be the Jared of Arctic - I top out at 150wpm now (~135 average) because of this game.

Joseph Norton

• Fodder
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 02:53:37 AM »
Its what happens if Mavis Beacon had a shield and cutlass. I always get asked where I learned how to type...should see the faces when I say a game.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 02:59:14 PM »

At work, people defer to my skill with regular expressions. They snicker when they hear I played a text-based online fantasy game and learned regex building triggers for it, but they always come to me when they need to build a regex.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 09:55:20 PM »
See, that's the problem - we think of arctic as a game but its really boot camp for would-be computer programmers!  Think of the money Aristox and Hoss could be making...$1000 a semester to learn how to multi-play and develop bot scripts, all actively play-tested in a real-time open-source multi-player domain!

Arctic Mud University - Bob would be the dean!

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 11:37:21 PM »
See, that's the problem - we think of arctic as a game but its really boot camp for would-be computer programmers!  Think of the money Aristox and Hoss could be making...$1000 a semester to learn how to multi-play and develop bot scripts, all actively play-tested in a real-time open-source multi-player domain!

Arctic Mud University - Bob would be the dean!
You mean $1000 per semester per student. Teaching programmers to test their own code is another valuable skill I picked up while mudding.