Author Topic: New Pwipe Announcement  (Read 10664 times)

DCPTY1986

New Pwipe Announcement
« on: October 31, 2013, 03:13:28 PM »
So now that the new wipe is coming, will the new rangers be implemented right away? Or are we sticking with scouts?

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
Re: New Pwipe Announcement
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 06:55:51 PM »
Scouts will remain next wipe.

See the part in the news post about limited changes.  A redesign of a class is far from small.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 07:45:04 PM »
Isn't the design from the old rangers still in the game? I mean the old rangers were BELOVED, there is no need to redesign the class, maybe a few tweaks. I know the dko archers, and several other mobs are still set as ranger, so the coding is still somewhere in the game. I mean, I am not trying to be an ass but there is no way it could possibly take 5 weeks to re-instate old rangers and remove scouts. The only significant work would be to add legend ranks, and remove that idiotic ranged_dam crap and the stupid power\accuracy\speed stats on bows and change them back to 4d5 or 3d7 etc, and there are many mid_level immortals who are fully capable and competent enough to do the stat changes and leave the coders to do the coding stuff.

But this is only my 2 cents, but what do I know anyway, I self deleted my imm years ago so I could bot and not be called a hypocrite.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:50:39 PM by Kir »

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 08:10:58 PM »
I'm happy that a wipe is coming.  Thank you to aristox and hoss for listening to everyone about their request to wipe just to wipe, looking forward to it.  only about 3,000,000 seconds till the wipe starts.

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 08:26:53 PM »
Isn't the design from the old rangers still in the game? I mean the old rangers were BELOVED, there is no need to redesign the class, maybe a few tweaks. I know the dko archers, and several other mobs are still set as ranger, so the coding is still somewhere in the game. I mean, I am not trying to be an ass but there is no way it could possibly take 5 weeks to re-instate old rangers and remove scouts. The only significant work would be to add legend ranks, and remove that idiotic ranged_dam crap and the stupid power\accuracy\speed stats on bows and change them back to 4d5 or 3d7 etc, and there are many mid_level immortals who are fully capable and competent enough to do the stat changes and leave the coders to do the coding stuff.

But this is only my 2 cents, but what do I know anyway, I self deleted my imm years ago so I could bot and not be called a hypocrite.

A. You are still a hypocrite.

B. We are NOT putting the old rangers back in.  We are putting in a new ranger class down the road, scouts will continue to exist until the new class is ready.

xellos

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 04:35:15 AM »
will there be an announcement of the small tweaks to classes/skills/SPELLS !?!?!?!
white red black robes any mini miny mo? i shall legend and put on a show?

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 08:55:24 AM »
Awesome news!