Author Topic: October 20th, 2013 - Looking Forward  (Read 27293 times)

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
Re: October 20th, 2013 - Looking Forward
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2013, 08:15:45 PM »
I agree with Corey (*shudder*)
I think the low #s on even at peak play times shows a diminishing interest in play this wipe (13 visible players on right now at 10pm EST), and a pwipe would bring more people back.  Also, a short wipe would allow a beta test period for some changes. 

I will repeat my suggestion of a tournament-style wipe that is only a week long with a MINOR prize (+ stat medal or similar) for highest rank/level at the end of the week.  This would truly allow a beta test for rangers: even if they were totally OP or complete wimps its hard to break the balance of a game like arctic in just 7 days.

Imagine the pk battles when people know its all over in less than a week!  No deep-renting, no 15 hours Time of the Twins grinding, no clan strongholds (unless they are amazing money makers...).  Then, when the week is over, re-wipe and have a traditional wipe.

walters16

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2013, 08:20:02 PM »
I look forward to having more players come back and hopefully stay longer than 1 month just for the RUSH.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:49:29 PM by Morana »

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2013, 08:20:41 PM »
I agree with Corey (*shudder*)
I think the low #s on even at peak play times shows a diminishing interest in play this wipe (13 visible players on right now at 10pm EST), and a pwipe would bring more people back.  Also, a short wipe would allow a beta test period for some changes. 

I will repeat my suggestion of a tournament-style wipe that is only a week long with a MINOR prize (+ stat medal or similar) for highest rank/level at the end of the week.  This would truly allow a beta test for rangers: even if they were totally OP or complete wimps its hard to break the balance of a game like arctic in just 7 days.

Imagine the pk battles when people know its all over in less than a week!  No deep-renting, no 15 hours Time of the Twins grinding, no clan strongholds (unless they are amazing money makers...).  Then, when the week is over, re-wipe and have a traditional wipe.

I'm a very sensible person. There's no shame in agreeing with me.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2013, 10:30:14 PM »
Hoss - How many posts requesting a wipe do we need to get to for you to wipe it for the sake of wiping?!?

Skyler

• Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2013, 10:45:42 PM »
Can I do something as simple as voting to wipe?

However, I like the xp tables. I prefer to skill up while i'm leveling as opposed to waiting until I'm 30.

Now my work shows off when I finally hit that 1x mark for the first time.

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2013, 10:53:18 PM »
Here is a suggestion.

Do a bi-weekly eq zap on the playerbase (preferably Friday). That way, all the eq will be in zone and we can all still log our naked legends to rush through zones using shop eq, or camp out zones to prevent others from coming in.

Go rusted longsword and bronze shield.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2013, 04:17:26 AM »
if you zapped all players every 2 weeks there would be little point to play, since anything you earn will be gone shortly after you get it. many players don't have the time to keep up with the decay treadmill as it is (on a larger scale, when you're playing with a decently sized group of people), repeatedly zapping equipment would alienate a large portion of the time poor player group.

personally i'm on the fence on the "wipe just to wipe" scenario. players want a fresh start so they can have fun  and it would also bring people back to play (which is always a good thing), whereas staff want to  finish some of the fundamental changes they have in the pipeline before wiping.

both arguments have their merits
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 04:21:22 AM by daniel_1 »

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2013, 07:37:10 AM »
Hoss - How many posts requesting a wipe do we need to get to for you to wipe it for the sake of wiping?!?

It isn't about solely about numbers.  One problem with these forums is that quite a number of people that post here do not play, pwipe or not.   The other problem with these forums is that a lot of people who play do not ever come to these forums.  So number of posts or polls are nothing but fuzzy math, they are indicators but they aren't solid proof.

What influences us is well reasoned arguments that are free from hyperbole.   Think about the majority of the player-base, not just your own personal situation.  We want the players to play and enjoy the game, but we can't base our decisions on a minority of the players who use these forums, especially when it is sprinkled with a pile of people who no longer player.

All that said, the responses to this thread are helping your cause (if your cause is a pwipe sooner rather than later).

DCPTY1986

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2013, 08:14:24 AM »
With that kind of response I feel like never coming back.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2013, 08:30:26 AM »
Aristox - i hear what u are saying, but i dont think it is appropriate to discount your whole forum.  If you want responses on a forum (if you truely do value the players thoughts), I would highly recommend not to say - oh, well most people didnt post, or the math is fuzzy, or evidence is not concrete. To me that is demorilizing.

On another note, my non hyperbole persuasive essay is - there are 10-20 people who play this game right now with very limited grouping going on.  ?If you wipe, there will be 100 people playing.  The more people playing = good.  Therefore, wipe = good.

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2013, 08:56:57 AM »
Aristox - i hear what u are saying, but i dont think it is appropriate to discount your whole forum.  If you want responses on a forum (if you truely do value the players thoughts), I would highly recommend not to say - oh, well most people didnt post, or the math is fuzzy, or evidence is not concrete. To me that is demorilizing.

It was not meant to be demoralizing.  What I am trying to point out is when you say "I must be right, look at how many people agree with me on in this thread!", I don't take that as a solid argument.

I honestly love a lot of the serious ideas that come through on the forums, I just don't have a lot of time to implement them all.

I read every post on these forums (except the clan bitching, I skip some of those), I guess the problem is I only reply when I see momentum in the thread. I could reply more.

Heck, I loved Jorake's clan vault idea from the General Discussion forum, but it is really low priority.   I also liked some of the ideas around the world merchant in a few other threads, but they are also low priority.

I value well reasoned arguments and opinions.  I tend to ignore snark and hyperbole.  I deleted a thread by corey last night, not because the topic was poor, but because it was delivered in corey's typical snarky style.  I would like to see a thread about corey's topic, but when you start it off with a jerky attitude it will become useless quickly.

I guess my point is I value your opinions, but the context and format of those opinions matter as well.

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2013, 09:28:16 AM »
Attainable unattainables? I was going for small wit. I actually didn't know I come off snarkily.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2013, 01:16:13 PM »
Have you ever warred the peanut gallery Aristox?  You won't win...

cackle

sart

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2013, 02:23:53 PM »
Please please please don't wipe!!!!!

I play and I need another 9 months to complete this thing I'm working on!

Oh wait I self deleted... carry on.

Rezin

• Immortal
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2013, 02:29:51 PM »
I also think the xp is right where it should be, it shouldn't be easy to level to 30, with as long as someone keeps a character and as much time is put into it, more than 1% of that time should be gaining actual levels.  Especially since ranking is wide open and better than ever now.

I am an active player but holding off for a wipe, those first 6 months of a wipe are great, its just so much fun anything less seems boring.