Author Topic: lowering group limit  (Read 8664 times)

reed23

• Zone Leader
Re: lowering group limit
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 06:12:56 PM »
Burned haha. Sob doesn't want unlimited bots. I can speak for myself. I pref 2 chars per real person.making elite pets is the same thing IMO as what I want with a hell of a lot more work for the imms. We have already seen fireball be used very effectively in pk. Also swooping double massacring dragons. Now we will buff some sort of pet more to make anti botters feel okay about it all.

If people are worried about playing two chars being too powerful from a pk standpoint, I would have an option when creating your second char that would specifically identify it as the alt\bot. That char would receive severe anti pk nerfs. Ie big minuses to bash, holds, reduced melee dam and spell dam.

I think that this isn't necessary but is an alternative to complex coding issues that will consume the time of hoss and stox.

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2013, 02:47:45 PM »
Well it's been said that legendary is being removed from the game, so I'm not sure how well a smaller group limit would work if we don't have legendary in the game anymore... unless, of course, characters can still become as powerful after lube is in place and whatnot. Right now a group of 4-6 legendary can wipe out pretty much any zone in the game, minus a few select fights and such.

I don't like the idea though that you would have to be legendary in order to have an effective group.. It kills the causal player and makes him and people like him run Drac tower and dko 100x

I agree. All of these changes that will affect the entire player base needs to be balanced in terms of the casual player since all of us will, or have been, become one at some point in time. In the end it's the casual player that will allow this game to continue on in the long run because it'll allow those of us who find ourselves with less time/desire to devote to this game to still play and have fun. If the game only caters to the hardcore player who can devote many hours each week to the game, then it'll continue to die regardless of any other changes.

ham

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 07:09:25 PM »
I think the thread is getting a little flamey, but I'd like to weigh in here because I think this is an important issue.

I'm not in favor of lowering the group limit at all.

I find that most groups I am in are slightly underpowered with five or six people, which can be quite a lot of fun, and then on days where many friends are around we consistently run with nine or ten. When we do have a full group of ten anyone else who logs in to find the group is full will usually, though not invariably, log off and find something else to do. Keeping the most people on the game as much as possible I think is the goal here, and I don't see how lowering the group limit will help in that way.

Is there some aspect of the notion that I'm not clear on?

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 01:27:51 PM »
5 person groups would make the most elite fights in this game impossible.
However, it would make botting inconvenient for any actual clans
is there a way to tie group size to zone rating?
low zones limit 4
mid zones limit 6
high zones limit 10
roads and towns can be limit 10 as well

Malaki

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 01:20:45 PM »
1. Without knowing what other re-balancing changes are going on, my personal opinion on group numbers would be to keep the limit the same or up them back to 12 or whatever they were back in the day in 2002.
  I too have seen when groups are full other people just tend to logoff and do something else, as apposed to increasing numbers online.

Disclaimer my personal opinion.
2. To the unrelated or related botting comments on this thread.
  - What makes you think bots have to be in a group to do what they do?
  - What makes you think different group sizes have any affect on botting at all?

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 08:41:39 PM »
If you have 3 real people and a group limit of 5 only two of them can multi, all but 1 can bot, however :)

sart

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 09:43:47 AM »
If you have 3 real people and a group limit of 5 only two of them can multi, all but 1 can bot, however :)

Haha.. your friends are not as good as my friends I think!  Below level 25 all 5 could be bots.

I'm ok with botting a lot of things.. every #action you create sets you further on the path.

I'm against multi'ing though.

??????