Author Topic: New <insert name> Clan  (Read 16241 times)

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
New <insert name> Clan
« on: October 08, 2013, 09:36:44 AM »
Anybody interested?  Need a couple good leaders who aren't afraid of wars.   

Need good clansmen I would say 4-7 players would suffice.  If anybody interested can drag a couple people with them that would be good and "refreshing".

Without a new clan of some substance you will see a repeat of last wipe which was very bad.

Anybody tired of the same 2-3 clans stomping on neutrals and would like to put up a little resistance please pm me.

This would be a heavy zoning clan with survivalist instincts and we would do what is necessary to survive.

Like me or not this IS what the game needs,  more powers and people on different sides.  I hope to hear from quite a few people. 

alias's: Brandon/btown/brandont

notable char names of the past: Hopkins/Rumbard/Trun/Truar/Hyler/Atreyu/Constantine

old clans: Dark Age/Shades/Apocalypse

Just a glimpse of some of my past here. 

If you are interested just PM me

Peace out!

Davy

• Fodder
Re: New <insert name> Clan
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 12:10:51 PM »
I also had a character Constantine. I'd play in your clan however I am working towards 3rd year no clan. If they took away clan tags could be fun.
It is like US politics. Democracy preached yet there's really only 2 choices which leads to government shutdown an me flying to see the Grand Canon for vacation only to be told it's closed. Support 3rd party elections and clans spread the power keep a national wonder open so hard workers can drink beer and vacation as planned.

Saint_Ronin

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 01:20:17 PM »
Davy, I live in DC. How do you think I feel?

I wouldn't mind a new clan, but I'm new and I'm not too keen on joining a clan if it's just focussing on warring and not playing as a group. What does war do? Do I get anything but bragging rights and maybe a decent weapon? I'm too new to understand the in depth game mechanics. I would need a teacher before I can be a refresher to the game or to clans. Any one want to take than challenge?

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 02:29:27 PM »
Is the Grand Canon a giant camera admired by southerners far and wide?

Homard

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 03:57:11 PM »
I played with Apoc last wipe as an old newbie.  John and B treated me pretty well, as did almost everyone else in the clan.  I learned a lot about the game I didn't know before and enjoyed getting hand me down items I'd never have even seen before.  I got to see a lot of new zones and everyone was pretty tolerant of my complete lack of knowledge.  If you can live with people's personalities, tagging along as the last man in the group on a clan for a wipe is a decent way to learn how to play.  Just know that you'll probably die a lot and get ganked here and there...not much different from being a neutral.
  I would encourage newbies to join a clan with one character if possible, just to try it out.  If the clan doesn't fit your playstyle/personality, try another one.  You might like it.  If you don't, the worst that can happen is you quit and be an unknown neutral again and go back to exploring.

Saint_Ronin

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 05:55:10 PM »
There is no commitment to being in a clan then?

xellos

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 06:26:19 PM »
that sounds cool, you guys are solid, where do i sign up to join apoc ?

Baxter

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 07:53:32 PM »
Finally, someone who isn't afraid to stand up and say, "I'm not going to take it anymore."  This should be the kick in the ass this mud really needs.

You can count me in.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 07:54:21 PM »
Brandon and John helped me when I came back to the game after a 5+ year hiatus.  My entire old clan had gone to DDO, but I missed arctic and the joys (and tiny bandwidth requirements) of text-based gaming.  I was in VA with them for two wipes and met some great people along the way.

That said, I would suggest newer character make a more zoning-oriented clan (like myth has been [used to be?] for a decade+).  Having a community to share ideas with does help lessen the learning curve - try to recruit some real-life friends (preferably ones who think Zork was awesome) and explore as a group.  Otherwise, have some fun with Brandon, he's a smart guy with a lot of zone knowledge.

Helati

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 08:31:14 PM »
Interested in coming back casually.

Loretta

• Fodder
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 06:25:37 AM »
Mumu would be glad to see you playing after wipe.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 07:00:17 AM »
one piece of advice i'd give to anyone trying to start a playing group, is pick your battles.

countless times i see people take a fatal course of action because they act with their ego instead of their brain. if someone pushes you around or takes your zone or whatever, if you're not in a position to do anything about it at that current time or you think you'll lose, pretend to let it go. bide your time. then attack them without warning with a full group, preferably on 4-5 of them with the most equipment so you can garuantee the highest kill rate.

don't be that idiot that gets into a verbal arguement when you're in a situation where you have the lower hand which degrades into an unfavorable war. don't let your ego take over, play smart. pretend to submit, then stab them in the back - hard.

octan

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 08:41:34 AM »
Can I keep combat sollerets if I join? :D

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 08:55:16 AM »
Combat sollerates for everybody!  and free cake too!

Loretta

• Fodder
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 05:05:17 PM »
2Daniel: Damn yo ushould tell me this before - i always getting backstabbed by shitload of covard clans.