Author Topic: Weapon Skill  (Read 2099 times)

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
Weapon Skill
« on: October 06, 2013, 01:42:09 PM »
After browsing Hoss twitter feed, I saw something pretty interesting...which in turn got me thinking about weapon skills.

How about this?

Each weapon type has some passive and/or aggressive effects that fire as a percent of skill level. For example, pole arms may keep an attacking enemy at a distance potentially limiting or lowering combat skill effects that require you to be up close and personal.

I'm thinking along the lines of how different weapons effect ripost. Just an expanded idea for other combat classes...that is linked to the weapon type+skill level+quality of the weapon.

A superbly skilled warrior using a very good or better whip, will see more entangled legs. A poorly skilled paladin using a poor quality voulge will have little to no chance of keeping an enemy at bay.

I can even see this applying to critical hit specials causing disorientation or feeblemind from a solid clunk upside the head by a bludgeon wielding barb.

Matt

Lyam

• Immortal
Re: Weapon Skill
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 09:16:30 PM »
i havent read the twitter feed ( BOO TWITTER )

if you are thinking about implementing something of this type, it should be class specific, such as the max weapon skill for a class should get a little bonus..
ie paladins with poles get the spec... can allow it to increase the shieldblock % or increase the apply/ac of the paladin if its maining.. if its assisting then reduce the apply/ac of the target
dks with lblades prob should get a spec depending on stance...

the only thing is that scouts with whips, especially mtn scouts, shouldnt get an extra entangle spec.. the entangle spec goes off on crit hits enough as it is and mtn scouts seem to have a higher % for crit hit...
bludg already causes disorientation on crit hit also.. so should be something else