Author Topic: How did you learn about Arctic?  (Read 16921 times)

Dyl

• Zoner
Re: How did you learn about Arctic?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 04:08:02 PM »
This thread sounds like a eulogy

Jarrad

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Isle of Shadows
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 04:48:36 PM »
I started in 1996, found the game by searching for DL stuff online. Didn't have any client, but I could play it in the library at school via telnet. Chatted to a friend about it, and his bro played some muds, and he showed my friend zMUD. Started playing alot...

First somewhat useful character was a healer named Tannin, peaked at about level 26. Got my first taste of clan warfare by pking a Wildrunner by the name of Zug by waiting for him to hit v bad vs the Revered Son of Paladine and then harming him. I told him it was a typo and then rented with his gear... Some days later a couple wilds lured me into a group in solace, and revenged in the woods east of town on the way to faerie kingdom...

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 09:04:16 AM »
haha good story jarred.  don't trust anybody! well you can trust me of course... :?

agarash

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 09:15:31 PM »
Recommended by schoolmate during the 3-4 pwiped. He was Arthur (KOS) and found out a lot of Malaysia play this mud. In our school at least around 10 people play this game during those days. But not very good at it, those days and alway end up in abyss (well, typical way to send there..multi). Told Arthur about it and make him wonder where is abyss as he never been to that zone before (have a good laugh once we found out the problem).

Fast forward 3 years later. Entered university, found out the girls are uglier that my wife and school mate. Invest my time in mud instead. Played more and start enjoying been a evil cleric. Meet up a lot of group, and saw plenty of war between group. Learn all the trick to steal eq (all those bad trick available since not good at 1 vs 1... etc evil me). Quit after attain few lvl 30 and get bored since most of the time just playing solo or tag whichever group available. Play on and off. Agarash name was friend's alias, they quit the game for good.

Fast forward a few more year. Work on my 2nd degree. Met John (Brandon's cousin) and gang. Great team, nice zoning and war. Win some, lose some. Hates GOM and owned Brandon's clan. Plenty of trash talk but no hard feeling. Quit when start working.

2013. Found out Arthur passed away at 31 due to heartattack while working at Microsoft. Devaju, just miss a buddy and bump in to check out on arctic. Get hooked again after 2-3 years stop playing, this game is addictive. Awaiting for next pwipe and hopefully my wife won't ban me playing this game.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 08:33:17 PM »
I used to group with Arthur a lot.  I'm sad to hear he passed.  Time has not been kind to the KoS in real life.  Wayis and Charity also passed away...

agarash

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 08:27:56 PM »
Good Guy die young. That's why you can see so many politician and lawyer have elve's longevity

Soran

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 10:28:57 PM »
I first heard about this game when I was in like 7th grade (so, about 15 years ago). My sister was a senior in high school and had a couple friends her age who she said were nerds and thought I might want to game with them since I used to play DnD with my dad and his friends. I can't recall their names in game and honestly don't know if either still play, but their names irl are Josh and Tate.

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 07:35:45 AM »
Used to play Warcraft 2 with Rhak(Jesse) who introduced me to the game. I remember running around don't even know what town I started at but was using the social "bite" thinking it did damage, and was spamming it. This was probably like 15 years ago. Good times.

Ericj

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 12:52:34 PM »
Even as a newbie, Ilya's first actions were around the word "damage"....................

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 07:06:20 PM »
and, of course, seeing how many things he could put in his mouth...

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2013, 04:12:16 PM »
I learned about Arctic from my cousin Tim(Brandons brother). I always liked the whole concept of magic and dragons and such. I remember staying the night at their house all the time and sitting and watching and waiting for them to get done playing mud so I could log on and run around somewhere. BUT Right before I would get on and they would head to bed or where ever, I would always hit them up for some type of coins or eq or something haha. My first mud computer was a 95 packard bell. It wouldnt do a damn thing other than mud. No email, no nothin! But it would mud and thats all I cared about. I bet at one time or another we have had 9-10 people just from our family playing mud almost all at the same time at one point. ... Good memories.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2013, 06:23:01 PM »
That's actually pretty awesome...I miss the real-life camaraderie  I had the first 5 years I played arctic with my old high school buddies.

You ever get together with your family and argue about who had the best tank?

Selik

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2018, 10:33:58 PM »

Also Selik use to be a fun guy.. friend and enemy at times.. DAS BOOTS as he would say :P

DAS BOOT!

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 09:30:32 AM »
Iinen
Valor
Drelin
Quinthers
 and some others I wish I could recall.   Iinen and Valor was a great mud friends,  Drelin was cool but shady like kinda guy.. Quinthers was the ENEMY!!!  we had many palanthas battles...  oh the fun of the old days

Good ol Brandon, I played Iinen and Drelin. I remember Quinthers sleeping you and I stole your large bastard sword off Rumbard. That was a lot of good stuff back then. Palanthas was like a little warzone. I remember making so many mages and getting to 15 or 18 and charming 2-3 young adventurers and hasting them with brass voulges. That was a blast. I was just a little shit back then.

Selik

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 10:14:15 PM »
I Logged in one day, maybe in like 1994(ish)  walked out of the in, someone stabbed me in the back with a fork and killed me instantly.
I was hooked forever.

now you know why I took so many of you out.
I introduced mordack, thoven, and araya to the game who in turn introduced other friends.