Author Topic: Lost my items and I'm tired, hungry and alone.  (Read 3914 times)

Saint_Ronin

Lost my items and I'm tired, hungry and alone.
« on: September 24, 2013, 07:41:16 PM »
My character is pretty new, and I'm rather inexperienced in MUD games. I've played one or two in the past but it was more than a decade ago. I lost all my items, I have no gold, no food, and no idea what to do. I'm resting and walking around Solace to get my bearings.

I'm a roleplayer who would hate to delete a character. Any tips?

gulca

• Zone Leader
Re: Lost my items and I'm tired, hungry and alone.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 10:05:10 PM »
if you are lvl 2 or 1 and deadbeat, might as well delete and start over.

If you are lvl 5 and above, you can probably kill a kitten around solace without eq (assuming you are in solace town). If you need food and stuff, make a new char and use the water and bread there.

Other wise just wait at the inn and beg and grovel anyone who happens to log on. Usually you'll get 100 to 1000 coins depending on who you see.

Use that money and buy some shop or world eq.

Or try shouting. Sometimes random ppl will help.

RichE

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 10:10:55 PM »
If you lost your guide, you can go to the fountain, go all up and 'say guide' you can get a new one.

Nasredin

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 05:14:46 AM »
Look at the floor in the inn, in the guilds etc. Often enough, you find something that can be sold to a shop.

If not, ask anyone passing around for some food and a few coins. Or just shout for help - many of us would gladly help a newbie to start over. Just be patient - sometimes when I'm online as a mortal char I may hear such a shout when I'm busy doing something and reply 5 or 10 minutes later after I finish whatever I was doing if the player who asked for help is still around.

Once you get 100-200 coins, buy some food, a waterskin, a chest, a lantern, a milky potion, a few recalls and some weapon from the shop. Then you're ready to seek new adventures.

The rest depends on your preferences. If you're an explorer type, there are literally LOTS of things to explore in solace. If you seek power, shout for help and let some experienced player help you get coins, levels and decent items in an eyes blink.

Terk

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 08:06:52 AM »
1) if you died, you can use the "reequip" option at your guild master and get a free set of training gear.

2) you can beg for coins

3) you can use a solace guide to take you to the sewers and kill worms.

Saint_Ronin

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 10:59:12 AM »
Thank you all very much.

Now, what about the aloness. I am very unfamiliar with the commands of a mud, but I recently started reading the Dragonlance series and enjoyed it so immensely that I wished to partake in the world. Would anyone enjoy the company of a brand new adventurer?

Vastra

• Favorite Zone: Brogs :)
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 11:06:09 AM »
I'd love to! I started about a month ago, and trust me, you'll pick the game up quickly. I'm on sporadically though, due to my tendency to play at work, so send me a tell if you see me on, and PM me with your character name! :)