Author Topic: Balancing the pace of the game at low - high levels.  (Read 22894 times)

Joe

• Fodder
Re: Balancing the pace of the game at low - high levels.
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2013, 07:58:38 AM »
I don't think this thread was meant as a discussion about high level/high group zones. It was meant as low to mid game elements reducing the pacing of the game.

At a low level, there is less grouping and smaller groups. Statistically, KW of the same difficulty will (per time spent in zone) take longer at low levels than it will at high levels for the group to proceed.

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2013, 08:34:36 AM »
I think the whole keywords are hard argument stems, at least a little, from a sense of entitlement among players who feel the game's "fun" is directly connected to the ability to run certain zones with minimal risk/time invested.

Arctic is HUGE! Just yesterday I learned about several item loads I have never seen before (and this is after running the zones in question literally hundreds of times over the years), Another player taught me a new equipment set (that's not posted on the current set list), and we ran through a zone I have never set foot in before.

The point? I logged off yesterday thinking "Wow, that was awesome!" I really don't need to spam the same cycle of high level zones over and over again to win the game. There will always be secrets, obscure tricks and tips, and a multitude of other things waiting to be explored. Sure, it's not easy...and at times completely unrelated. (So I find this hidden room in the literal middle of knowwhere, kill the mob and take the X, travel halfway across the world to a completely obscure mob, type in the keyword, and he will give me a HINT, as to how to proceed in the quest?)

But to me, the obscurity and rarity of information makes this game worthwhile. If every keyword was push, pull, tug, or snatch things would lose flavor very quickly.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2013, 08:59:53 AM »
my fundamental flaw in exploring which many share is that i will continue to overlook things i have previously missed, often newer players have different perspectives and notice the things others missed

This.

sart

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2013, 11:24:20 AM »
Chisul's getting his wolverine on?