Author Topic: Arctic MUD Essay... My Thoughts on the Game  (Read 25378 times)

enochvey

• Fodder
Re: Arctic MUD Essay... My Thoughts on the Game
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 01:07:09 PM »
killings, exceedingly poor general social skills, inexplicably hostile and enduring personal grudges that suck everyone nearby those involved into the mess, cheating, lying, whining, stealing, scorched earth war policies, having sharp disagreements
Good lord, you're living large. I haven't had half of that in what, 14 years of playing? Please tell us more.

Happens every day to some extent to a decent portion of the playerbase. I'd suggest reading some more of the posts on these forums, or pretty much any pk log on suf's for examples...

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 01:43:01 PM »
Bryton you random the hell out of everyone when we strike back you get your clan full of pure pk asshats involved. we all sit in the inn. Tyvm who is causing the most boredom here?  You are a mud cancer, pretty straight forward logic. You can twist it and turn it anyway you want, your the type of douchebag who logs on naked as a druid, kills like 3 untagged neutrals for shits and giggles and logs off wearing half a warrior set, 1/4 a thief set, and some random cleric shit. Your buddies need to grow up and let you die alone for this kind of trashy play.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:05:22 PM by Gramm »

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 02:14:37 PM »
Gramm, who is pure asshats in SoB?  Why do you constantly throw flames out against our clan?  Yes, Bryton does like to PK, but I am not aware of anyone who has quit the game because of him.  Although I do appreciate you spouting off on the forums and what not because there are now 7-11 people in our clan who have come back to the mud in the past 2 weeks, mostly due to yours and Nate's mouths gone wild.

Here is a semi-interesting thought related to PK.  It seems to be an issue, especially with Bryton's class that you can die, remem, and be back in action literally within ticks killing people.  What if there was something in the game where if you got PK'd xxxx amount of times, you character was perma-deleted.  So let's say that number was placed at 10.  If you all thought Bryton was such a chump, all you would have to do is gang up on him, kill him 10x, and he would be done for.  That would also eliminate "trash"/"riskless" pking because you knew that if you died 10x to these other people, you would be Gonzo!

Gramm

• Zone Leader
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 02:29:11 PM »
Actually that is not a terrible idea entirely... Except for those accidental friendly fire pks lol. And if you all werent so busy pasting hate posts against the man on the forum maybe we wouldnt spout anything back, to be honest i didnt get overly involved until jack started running his mouth about sucking dicks and this that and the other reed, i was quite content to keep it civil.  And the trash i speak of is the trash that not only dominated all of the major clans at the wipe start, but then out of boredem or maybe spite came after the rest of the mud after that. I do recall pretty much begging shesh to leave the 4 man myth clan we had alone at the time, and he demanded a ridiculous amount of +dams in exchange for peace, actually he asked myth to get ilya to give us dams lol.... Once you all got pzapped for being "those guys" your remaining two affiliates poof raped what was left of the mud. After allllllllllll that happened... no sobs around lots of neutral zoning happening. Certainly some positive things anyways.... Bryton returned, and what does he do? review previous post please.

Stop pretending reed that your friends are in the right, if bryton never returned, all this hate pasting and shit on the forums would not be happening, you would never have helped bryton pk myths and there would be no war. Which im sure would disappoint you because where else would a group of pk veterans have their fun if not on a crew that strictly tries to zone. If i am wrong feel free to tell me why, id like to actually hear it.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 02:55:33 PM »
All inter-clan pk's from friendly fires would be coded so they would not go against your total tally of deaths.

On the other note, in my opinion, it is impossible for 1 player to ruin the mud.  I dont care if bryton randoms, if there are 2-3 man groups, they should be able to blitz him all the time.  Bryton has never multi'd, so at worse, you have a legend druid running around that should be very easy to kill.  And for the record, I was never pzapped nor was jack.  If you didn't want such a backlash from SoB, you probably shouldn't have ran your mouth behind our backs, i.e. I shit on Reed 3x today, making up ficticious tells (Nate) that i was asking for info to him, etc. etc.  Making up that bullshit and trashtalking probably got a laugh from most of the mud and even people in our clan, but it doesn't sit well with us for too long.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 03:08:47 PM »
Legend entangle can take out a 2-3 man group no problem as we saw today with a 4man group while 3 of us sat there entangled watching him 1v1 the 4th. No problem eh? what dream world are you living in?  And you and jack were not around during the asshattery, so neither of you are those asshats. But a good portion of your crew was around for long enough to have us sit in the inn for a month long before sob had and real justification.  I have not seen Keesha/jack or Pinster/reed actually act trashy at all this wipe. But i can say that the moment pinster started picking off myth with ilank/bryton was the moment all of myth demanded something happen in response. You didnt leave me much choice reed. All you do as a pure pk clan is effectively choke out any next generation groups and would be leaders because you refuse to let anyone have room to breathe before u deem them a large enough group to test your mettle on. Stop backing randomers let them get what they deserve he doesnt even need your help im sure he would kill enough folks without you.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 03:17:36 PM by Gramm »

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 03:23:59 PM »
Who did I pk with Bryton??? You guys are delusional!!!!!!  Bryton killed one person, you guys attacked Kiljarn, I talked to you on mud, you said you can't help it but your clan is upset with bryton and war with SoB is inevitable, so this is your warning for war.  Word for Word bro!  We were fine with you killing Bryton.  You guys declared the war, not us!  Come on.

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »
Madule tells you 'well we might not want peace :)'

gramm you whine so much i offered peace and it was turned down. This whole thing is on you bro...

sart

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 04:07:36 PM »
Which clan is backing randomers?  What now?

Gramm

• Zone Leader
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 04:09:25 PM »
edit.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:55:28 PM by Gramm »

DCPTY1986

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 04:27:31 PM »
Gramm,

I ran those bots before they got pzapped and never ran around pkilling any newbies.  I think you're confusing Essovius and Mumu with the 10 man that I was running around purely doing zones with.  The only time I ever brought them into PK was when we jumped delete in Silvanesti and the fight on Luni.  I had no motivation to use a 10 man to kill 1 myth with an Ergothian set.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 04:37:03 PM »
2013-08-28 12:24:42 Ilank killed Zerataal.
2013-08-28 13:48:36 Ilank killed Drudden.
2013-08-28 13:48:51 Ilank killed Tritty.
2013-08-28 14:37:56 Ilank killed Madule.
2013-08-28 14:42:18 Ilank killed Brenn.

[return for more, q to stop]
2013-08-28 14:42:22 Vetch killed Ilank.
2013-08-28 16:34:54 Ilank killed Pearlly.
2013-08-28 16:35:00 Ilank killed Naomi.
Bryton you are a piece of garbage. I dub thee the asshat. Only two of the above were myth.

Ilank offering peace, but his condition are :
1. Locki dt with eq
2. i give his shield back
3. he keeps hunting nate

yea very peaceful terms asshat.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:48:07 PM by Gramm »

Gramm

• Zone Leader
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 05:37:16 PM »
Here is an idea, for every hour of game time you have wasted for another player purely for your own personal enjoyment you dt yourself. and enjoy level 4 again.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 05:45:23 PM »
Gramm... your logic is so flawed.

You claim that Bryton is a game-killer. Yet he attacked you guys, you attacked him and "declared war" on SOB by ambushing Kiljarn. Now SOB has 12-15 people who decided to come back and play (due to the fact that the game is only interesting to players like us when we are at war). So really, Bryton is basically the life-force of arctic. It is not Bryton's fault that you declared war and now your clannies have to sit in the inn. There are several clans that can still zone and play when they are at war with SOB, like Dele (and Wild to a lesser extent). It is not anybody's fault that your clan, even though you outnumber us constantly can not play to the level that we do. You guys decided to declare war and you die and then you cry. I don't get it. I don't know you personally but in my experience it is not "ok" for a man to cry and complain all the time. This reminds me of a quote:

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
 A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
 without ever having felt sorry for itself

-D.H. Lawrence

You will never get anywhere in this game or life by constantly making excuses for yourself. You will only get better by working to improve yourself to be better. There is nothing Hoss or Aristox can do can to make Myth the dominant clan in the game outside of sitebanning all the other players. If you guys want to be a great clan you have to work as a team, play better, be more cunning and intelligent than your opponents. That is the GREATEST aspect about arctic. The cream will always rise to the top.

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 05:46:19 PM »
Maybe one of the reasons we tend to not take a lot of stock in things said on the forums is that every thread that gets more than 10 posts turns into name calling.

How about everyone take a deep breath and think about the topic of the thread before you post.  Sniping is helping no one.

That said, if you want to shit on each other we have a forum (Clan Bitching) for that. Use it.