Author Topic: Dark Knight Paths  (Read 6040 times)

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Dark Knight Paths
« on: October 06, 2012, 11:18:44 AM »
Will there ever be more paths for DK's? Paladins have 3 that make them stronger each time, high skill caps etc.

So is there anything in the works for a dk?

rafo

Re: Dark Knight Paths
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 02:16:06 PM »
The other paths for Dark Knights are skull and thorn.  If anything, skull should be a path for an evil cleric and thorn for a mage.

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 04:59:11 PM »
Why couldn't that instead be an emphasis on their support capabilities as a DK? All out offensive, healing ability, offensive magic and utility concurrent to the three paths.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 09:28:09 PM »
I know they cant be skull or thorn. That is a given. Why not add some more to lily? Maybe color idk. Red Lily, Black lily. maybe..

Like a death knight? Idk. Just seems like there are other options to consider other than the normal order of takhisis

RaVaN

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 11:48:16 AM »
I want to be Teal Lily that really is best

snax

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 09:34:13 AM »
This might bear some minor thought, after initially dismissing it.  Perhaps NON lawful dark knights could gain access to 1 spell that isn't normally available to legends, but with it automatically lost if the person ever align changes to lawful.

Something similar to kendelon's azure bolt frag special....

just a quick thought.

I don't go for the idea of extra paths, but perhaps some reason to not be a lily so that there's a modicum of reason for non lawful evil dks to exist....

Dyl

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 11:33:11 AM »
They have to be lawful evil if you are following the lore.  If they werent LE, they wouldn't be Knights of Takhisis (Shes LE too) and there would be no deity to grant them spells/abilities.  They are the polar opposite of Knights of Solamnia who are also required to be lawful.  My honor is my life is essentially the same creed for both. 

If there were to be a change required I would say the current quest could be split up into something more akin to the Paladin paths following their three tiered initiation into the ranks.  http://fan.shadowedasylums.net/kot/voc.htm

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 06:28:48 PM »
I think that legend dk's and paladins are pretty balanced.  Certainly being a Rose pally gives you a massive group support option (freedom).  But getting nightfall is even more useful, especially if trying to run zones you have no business doing.  The difference is that nightfall is more of a general zoning support option, while freedom is an "oh god we are about to mass-rip" support option. 

If your issue is that dk's need a bigger challenge and a more interesting quest to get the same skills I would suggest you apply to be a 31, help people out at every turn, get creation port access, and start writing one...or just find a buddy who has already done that and write all the rdescs for them and give them a walk-through of the quest and let them take all the credit.  Mind you it will probably be over a year before it would ever be put in the game.  After all, the people coding this stuff are doing it for free.

Dyl

• Zoner
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 08:37:22 PM »
[quote author=Alecto
If your issue is that dk's need a bigger challenge and a more interesting quest to get the same skills I would suggest you apply to be a 31, help people out at every turn, get creation port access, and start writing one...or just find a buddy who has already done that and write all the rdescs for them and give them a walk-through of the quest and let them take all the credit.  Mind you it will probably be over a year before it would ever be put in the game.  After all, the people coding this stuff are doing it for free.
[/quote]

This is exactly how Bertil Terk and I made the paladin quests from the ground up.  If you have ideas I suggest you contact your most local immortal that doesn't hate you and make it happen yourself.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 10:54:54 PM »
Yeah, Brian is a pimp!