Author Topic: just open it  (Read 10790 times)

Sabibi

just open it
« on: August 24, 2013, 04:44:10 PM »

fulloflife

Re: just open it
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 07:59:38 PM »
I think you are looking for a different game- Arctic is all about not telling you anything about how the game works.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 04:06:59 AM »
in terms of the opt newbie pk immunity thing, this is a double edged sword.

on one side, i completely agree. idealistically there should be some sort of protection for new players to learn the ropes, explore, level, rank and do all the stuff that is fun while they learn about arctic and develop into more seasoned players.

conversely, at the top end of arctic many desperate players who seek nothing but to "win the game" by killing whoever they deem their enemy are always trying to find loopholes, including bending and breaking the rules to get any advantage they can to scavenge a win. these people would quickly identify that this pk immunity is a very effective method to level up "unknown pkillers" with absolute immunity. furthermore, players who are involved in pk who are not able to push their enemies off and load their decayed items could use this immunity to zone without fear of death on those no-pk type characters.

tl:dr  -  idealistically it'd be great if we had a pk immunity option for newbies, but there's way too many assholes who don't care about the game in general and just want to win who would abuse it in a desperate attempt to "win"

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 01:25:33 PM »
tl:dr  -  idealistically it'd be great if we had a pk immunity option for newbies, but there's way too many assholes who don't care about the game in general and just want to win who would abuse it in a desperate attempt to "win"

I couldn't agree more with this statement, if you are finding yourself in that category of player, you are going to have a bad day.

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 07:01:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure there are no newbies and if there were this game is far beyond newbie friendly. Its not the pking that makes people quit, its the 10000000000000000XP you have to get, and even if you get that good luck learning any higher up zones or quests because you will never figure them out since you haven't played for the past 15-20 years. The only way you will figure them out is if you're really good friends with someone that has been around forever and even then good luck with getting any info from them..

Sabibi

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 04:17:51 AM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:50:54 AM by Sabibi »

Sabibi

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 04:23:02 AM »
conversely, at the top end of arctic many desperate players who seek nothing but to "win the game" by killing whoever they deem their enemy are always trying to find loopholes, including bending and breaking the rules to get any advantage they can to scavenge a win. these people would quickly identify that this pk immunity is a very effective method to level up "unknown pkillers" with absolute immunity. furthermore, players who are involved in pk who are not able to push their enemies off and load their decayed items could use this immunity to zone without fear of death on those no-pk type characters.

Well then they level other characters in safe mode. I see no problem. More characters more competitive game is.
And you always can turn on pk-mode untill 30/15 when you can't disable it anymore.
So really high characters will be in pk.

Sabibi

wrong
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 04:29:54 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 07:03:19 AM by Sabibi »

Sabibi

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 07:02:50 AM »
its the 10000000000000000XP you have to get, and even if you get that good luck learning any higher up zones or quests because you will never figure them out since you haven't played for the past 15-20 years. The only way you will figure them out is if you're really good friends with someone that has been around forever and even then good luck with getting any info from them..

1000000000xp are not problem until you stuck getting any xp.
Thats usually happens and it what you and me talking about.
So i offer to share SOME (basic) info.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 08:30:01 AM »
I'm pretty sure there are no newbies and if there were this game is far beyond newbie friendly. Its not the pking that makes people quit, its the 10000000000000000XP you have to get

I completely disagree. From what I have noticed with interactions with the players, it isn't the exp grind or the pk. The largest driving factor of abandonment is the attitude of the players they are interacting with.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 09:12:49 AM »
generally i'm pretty liberal with game info, i've been chewed out by one individual on countless occasions because of it

i mean, i'm not gonna aid my competing players with high end zone information for top tier items that they cant find/work out

but if the average dude hits me up and asks me "hey how do i do..." or "can you help me find...", i usually help out. just don't expect me to tell you how to solve any super secret top tier shit.

open ended offer, if you need help with something ask me. if you don't know who i'm playing, ask around for who daniel the australian is playing (if i'm playing) and i'll help you if your request is reasonable.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 09:26:31 AM »
Daniel from Australia can you help me find deep sea diving helmets?  thanks

Sabibi

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 09:54:18 AM »
but if the average dude hits me up and asks me "hey how do i do..." or "can you help me find...", i usually help out. just don't expect me to tell you how to solve any super secret top tier shit.

i talk about system, not personally.
i know that One can meet a lot nice people around Arctic.
But idea is to place such infos (correct - low-mid game tier) on web-site. Some pieces, that are not uber secret. And make it open 24/7 to whole Internet.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 11:23:53 AM »
try google.  theres one in particular that's pretty good. even some higher level stuff too (nothing ground breaking tho)

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 11:32:12 AM »
I agree. I always found the lack of info a bit silly... I can see not wanting other people to have my shinys but it borders on ridiculous how tight knit game info is. I feel it is a great step with the item sets. I don't want to have to cheat or feel like a cheat to learn a set does x y and z, nor do I believe testing something for hours on end to reverse dissect some stupid stat is worth it. It is a slippery slope though that I will admit. Everything shouldn't be given as has been stated, I still find exploring quite rewarding. If only the creators friends can figure it, it might be too obscure or in need of an adjustment.