Author Topic: spell: relocate change  (Read 4581 times)

gulca

• Zone Leader
spell: relocate change
« on: August 24, 2013, 12:59:03 AM »
There are already a few suggestions in the forum posts about tweaking relocate spell (esp with tether)

Here is one.

Usage: cast 'relocate' <target>
Duration: 1d8 sec / instant

Description:
The mage first connects a magical link to its target before attempting to magically transfer the physical body towards the same room as the target. Due to the nature of the magical link, the spell reacts differently depending on the target:
1. target is group/clan with mage: Instant connection and mage appears on casting
2. target is not group nor clan: A magical link appears on the target for 1d8 seconds before the mage can finally close in on the location. After 1d8 seconds, the mage will appear before the target's location.

This allows target to have a chance to run to safety and still be ok for normal zoning.

Hoss

• Elder
Re: spell: relocate change
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 01:06:47 AM »
^needs a save vs. Charisma, but I actually like the idea

Lyam

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 01:09:26 AM »
cool idea, somehow agree with hoss tho (EEWWWW), should also have a cha roll to time length, makes mages roll for than int str and also stack more eq than just slots/cl/int/hp

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 03:41:52 AM »
So is the idea the target will "feel" the magical link? I like the idea, but should be tied to the spell det magic. With out the spell up you won't have any idea, with it up you get the warning message. We could also start selling det magic pots like we ended up doing with milky.

Dyl

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 08:41:21 AM »
Set scry should be more common.  Slightly rare to uncommon.

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 09:20:19 AM »
This is similar to someone trying to summon you. You get a message saying something is trying to connect to you. The only difference is someone "will" poof to you in the next 1d8 sec if the poofer is not group.

You get to choose between
1. getting ready to bash anyone who appears,
2. recall a glowing,
3. run to a trap if you are fast enough
4. have your poofers poof to you (since they will be faster).

Detect scry will show you the name of the relo mage.

Detect magic might be better as it is more common but that would render detect scry useless?

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 09:11:34 PM »
Should give relocate to all classes, remove any lag with the spell, make all rooms in the game relocatable, and remove peace rooms. That may sound extreme but somebody needs to speak against the carebear onslaught. The only reason people use relocate to pk is because its impossible to use hunt\track\temp path unless your enemy is completely retarded. When the shriner's existed in the days when clans actually fought, the game was so much smaller you could run a lap around the map with like 150 vs and like none of the zones had features where clans could just lock themselves inside and refuse to fight. There needs to be more in this game that gives incentive to fight, not more ways to decrease fighting.

Tether is the only bright light in an otherwise dimming pk atmosphere. Before tether, mostly mage bombs were the only real way to ambush good players. Now tether actually allows non mages to participate in pk and have fun. There is already HUGE lag with tether, if you have not tested it, please do before you speak. I have had finns and wilds both tether bomb me and each time I have recalled easily before they unlag. If there was 1-8 rounds of lag (lol) it would be basically worthless, in this day and age most legend chars can kill a mage in 3-4 rounds EASILY.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:13:09 PM by Kir »

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 10:10:05 PM »
@kir

It is more of a warning system than a lag thing. There is no relo lag involved once the mage gets to poof to target.

Please read what was written, not what you want to read.

If it is not clear enough, here is an example.

>c 'relo' Carebear
>You close you eyes and concentrate in creating a magical anchor to your target.
>The magical energies starts to swivel around you.

2 seconds past

>Your magic latches to your target and propel you towards it.
>You appear before Carebear in a puff of smoke.

>The reception
>Carebear is sitting here. <black aura>

On Carebear's view, it might look something like this
>In a sandbox
>You sense a magical energy touching you.
a sec later
>The magical energy encompasses you.
>rec glowing.recall
>You stop using a sand shovel.
>You grab a glowing scroll of recall.
>You recite a glowing scroll of recall which dissolves.
>The reception
>Kir appears before you in a puff of smoke.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 10:17:22 PM »
Oh I see what you are saying, but why isn't the lag that accompanies relocate enough?

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 10:27:08 PM »
My question is relocate broken?  Stun was already nerfed.  Has there even been a mage bomb this whole wipe?  The only thing i think needs to be fixed is mages single focused damage spell.  When 2 legend red robes can walk around and thunderbolt people for 600+ hps, then that is somewhat of a problem.

Lyam

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 04:18:30 AM »
black and white robes get 1 round of lag after relocating
reds dont get any lag if properly spelled

this idea gives the lag before actually relocating to the targets (unless grouped/clanned) and allows the target (if they have det magic up or det scry)  to see they are getting targetted to plan.. a couple secs of lag beforehand for 1 mage (as you can get other mages to reloc to the clanned/grouped mage) isnt game breaking... it also makes mages to roll for another stat and stack different eq to reduce the lag time

or bring back the 5round disorientation for mages after relocating :)

Keith

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 01:14:41 AM »
I am okay with this, but feel like there should be an improvement in track and especially hunt to counter this.  Too much of pk revolves around mages to find the target with teleport, then relo to the target.  PK has always been more fun with less mages and more of everything else (in my opinion).