Author Topic: New Idea  (Read 4165 times)

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
New Idea
« on: August 01, 2013, 08:38:20 PM »
Scrap all the game changes in the last 15 years, let's go back to the last wipe with paladin bashers and assist rangers.

Those were my favourite (and likely everyone's) years.

Cosmo

Re: New Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 09:05:48 AM »
I always thought a Retro wipe would be an interesting idea at some point... I'm sure there's some old mud copies on some drive somewhere from the mid to late 90s. Would probably have to import the new zones so our ADD playerbase doesn't get bored, but no revamps! :P

Maybe when the playerbase is all in their 50s!

- Cosmo

Jozheg

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 11:37:11 AM »
Let's not just stop at the point you mention, Corey, but move further into the dark past and bring back them assassins!
Always wanted to taste the class.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 11:38:54 AM »
Scrap all the game changes in the last 15 years, let's go back to the last wipe with paladin bashers and assist rangers.

Those were my favourite (and likely everyone's) years.

Oh the good old days. Spelled mages often had less than 100 hitpoints and could still go down to a pair of level 20 bashers. hold person + dispel evil can kill an evil thief. mobs rest in magical darkness. darkness is circle 3 and loads in mount nevermind. summon and work of recall load on doctor kern / thorbardin. animate dead on watahantowet. a level 14 mage with hasted ogre warriors can take out a top level tank (and then get owned by a blinding red sash cleric and floored by a lost and lonely cow). a level 1 can attack people in the kalaman inn who have just died. blind mobs cannot bash or cast targetted spells. Can we do the justice system too where you can summon people wanted by the justice system to town and watch the guards attack them? Sleep lasts about 10 tix, you can cast invisibility on wells and guildmasters. Casting word of recall on people who have just arrived in town. I think you could also recall enemies in a pk fight too. Earthquake can kill people in a different room than you so people would earthquake close to the solace constable and there would be collateral damage. Summoning kender mobs and charming them to pick locks. Or summoning the zorn to solace square. Someone tries to pkill you in solace tree and you kill him with a single acid blast because your naked level 19 druid is so buff compared to the rest of the riff raff in solace. following albert or the palanthas guard captain and setting on triggers to attack the person who just killed you. An enemy recalls (none of them glowed) out of a zone and shows up in your room and you've got a bunch of corpses animated. Oh the sweet taste of revenge.

Of course rolling a dozen clerics and druids and none of them being able to mem 5 spells in 6 standing ticks was almost as painful as failing to learn fly/cure serious. Mount Nevermind pipe sends you to balifor instead of hylo was useful. Entering the pipe with 1 hit point might have been a mistake though. I think I could go for a retro wipe. Though it might be tough shouting 'xak run' and getting no response. I might have to use my old trick of shouting 'graknar repair run' and doing a side trip into xak tsaroth first.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:27:21 PM by gnua »

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 01:39:21 PM »
Please don't even bring up the old Xak run.  Sitting all east of solace in a line of 5 people to try and get heal with basically 45 min inbetween runs brings back literal nightmares.  Huge props to whoever came up with the new heal quest!

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 01:57:43 PM »
Please don't even bring up the old Xak run.  Sitting all east of solace in a line of 5 people to try and get heal with basically 45 min inbetween runs brings back literal nightmares.  Huge props to whoever came up with the new heal quest!

Xak lineups sound like a great way to start a clan war.

xellos

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 06:13:23 PM »
I always thought a Retro wipe would be an interesting idea at some point... I'm sure there's some old mud copies on some drive somewhere from the mid to late 90s. Would probably have to import the new zones so our ADD playerbase doesn't get bored, but no revamps! :P

- Cosmo

im pretty sure there are copies of arctic floating around not in the current immortals possession.

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 08:28:10 PM »

- Cosmo

im pretty sure there are copies of arctic floating around not in the current immortals possession.

Ha Duh... Where do you think Mavlad went? he probably just plays his own Arctic copy..