Author Topic: lowering group limit  (Read 8665 times)

Bryton

• Zoner
lowering group limit
« on: July 31, 2013, 09:36:45 PM »
Aristox brought up lowering the group limit. I for one don't like that idea at all. Maybe I just don't understand the reasoning behind it, but I like having the group limit of 10.

reed23

• Zone Leader
Re: lowering group limit
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 09:41:21 PM »
Agreed with Bryton, in fact I would like to see the group limit go up.  Why not make the group limit unlimited like it once was? that would be very exciting!

snax

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 09:44:59 PM »
neat thought.  I'm in favor of lowering it with some exceptions (zone-specs to form higher group sizes for the 5-10 hardest zones) with a general limit of around 6.  *MOST* zones can be done on 3-4 readily easily as the wipe progresses, and with some balancing issues and the change above, there's no problem with having a reduced group max.  10v10 is passe.  if group size was smaller, there would be some serious issues with area of effect spells (multiple ungrouped people fighting aside a core group) but at the same time fights would be longer and less likely to be decisive in the first 1-3 rounds.

try to be open to the idea, i'm definately reading yours and trying to throw a few pennies into the wishing well.

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 09:48:24 PM »
I'm for leaving the group limit as is. Cutting it down makes it harder to find a spot in a group.

Super Tacoman

• Fodder
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 01:20:04 AM »
small clans that cant put together a 10 man are at less a disadvantage with smaller max group size.

also lowering the group limit can decrease a botters advantage.  imagine 5 players with 5 bots.  the bots are almost doubling their strength.  but now say the group limit is 6.  they can only use 5 players and 1 bot.  the bot barely matters. 

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 06:23:38 AM »
I have thought the group limit needs to be 8 for a long time now.  8 is enough!

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 12:37:48 PM »
Well it's been said that legendary is being removed from the game, so I'm not sure how well a smaller group limit would work if we don't have legendary in the game anymore... unless, of course, characters can still become as powerful after lube is in place and whatnot. Right now a group of 4-6 legendary can wipe out pretty much any zone in the game, minus a few select fights and such.

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 06:36:43 PM »
Well it's been said that legendary is being removed from the game, so I'm not sure how well a smaller group limit would work if we don't have legendary in the game anymore... unless, of course, characters can still become as powerful after lube is in place and whatnot. Right now a group of 4-6 legendary can wipe out pretty much any zone in the game, minus a few select fights and such.

I don't like the idea though that you would have to be legendary in order to have an effective group.. It kills the causal player and makes him and people like him run Drac tower and dko 100x

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 10:59:51 AM »

I don't like the idea though that you would have to be legendary in order to have an effective group.. It kills the causal player and makes him and people like him run Drac tower and dko 100x

A solo casual player cant even do drac tower and dko.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 01:45:20 PM »
Game was way more fun when group size limit was 13

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 02:00:27 PM »

More fun than a battle of 40 people vs shriners?

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 02:20:50 PM »
Sooo... SoB wants unlimited botting and unlimited group size.  I sure as hell hope they don't ever make you guys immortals..  is there anyway someone can get Leviathan mud going again so these guys can enjoy their mud lives.

You guys would have a blast.  However recalls will cost you nearly 5k each and waterskins aren't none to cheap either.

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 03:35:12 PM »
I think its ironic that Brandon whines so much about botting, when his clan did it all last wipe..

I'm sorry you have a hard time getting 10 people to follow you Brandon..

Keith

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 05:14:18 PM »
#1. I don't understand why Aristox wants to do this much work, when allowing multiing/botting and doing nothing accomplishes the exact same thing.
#2. I like the group size the way it is now; no more, no less.
#3. Btown, anything you recommend about the mud, I completely disagree with.  Unfortunately (to me), the immortals agree with you instead of the majority.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 05:17:28 PM by Keith »

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 05:50:33 PM »

More fun than a battle of 40 people vs shriners?

Haha I am sure that was fun as well, but I can't say personally because I was too much of a n00b back then to be let into any real groups.

Brandon, I don't know why you try to call out SOB and botting all the time when its been well documented that SOB can play just fine without bots while APOC is dependent on them.