Author Topic: Asshat Policy  (Read 11653 times)

reed23

• Zone Leader
Re: Asshat Policy
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 08:08:33 PM »
Is it just me or did all the recent threads disappear?

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 08:50:19 PM »
Is it just me or did all the recent threads disappear?

It looks like they were moved to the ideas section

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2013, 03:39:56 PM »
@Aristox

What you have said in this thread has done vastly more to ensure I will return to the game than absolutely anything else I have heard, or that has been changed about the game, in probably the past 5 years. The part that has frustrated me the most about this game is all the so called asshat's running around who think it's perfectly acceptable to be selfish pricks and ruin the game for anyone who isn't them or their friends, and also the fact that the imm's have always seemed to take hands off approach and assumed the playerbase will handle it.

@Basher

I have said it before, but I'll say it again. I have been playing this game for 10+ years and in that time I have only had a bad experience with one imm, Morgion. In every other instance where I have dealt with an imm things have been civil, if not pleasant, and I'm pretty sure the simple fact that I didn't have an attitude or history of being a asshat (even a part time one) helped that immensely.

Time and again whenever I hear someone bitch about the imm's it almost always tends to be from someone who has a history of breaking/bending the rules or someone with a short fuse and bad attitude. These people help keep this game up and running, and fresh, and they deserve to at-least be treated with some common decency and respect, even if you might not see eye to eye or even like them.

The fact is that if you're a dickhead to them then they will feel absolutely no need to not return the favor in one form or another. This isn't walmart where the customer is always right, it's a free game that's only been kept alive because many of these people have devoted years of their free/spare time to doing so. So if someone gets deleted for getting on their bad side.. then too damn bad. Just because this is online doesn't mean a person can be a asshat and not expect consequences.

I'm a fan of giving respect to get respect. Maybe other's should be too?

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 09:35:02 PM »
Asshat policy is a joke. Is Bryton still runnin around randoming folks loretta style? check the pklogs and keep pretending it isnt a joke.

Jarrad

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Isle of Shadows
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 05:54:48 AM »
Gramm is your name short for Gramma? Man the bapt up and kill him...

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 12:55:51 PM »
even if you kill a legend druid he comes back ready to fight again in 5 mins. so unless all i care to do is fight trash for the rest of my days on the mud ill just enjoy my retirement. as i said before not everyone on this game plays it only to pk. why dont u guys step up instead of watching from the sidelines like a bunch of school girls yourselves.

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2013, 03:14:28 PM »
even if you kill a legend druid he comes back ready to fight again in 5 mins. so unless all i care to do is fight trash for the rest of my days on the mud ill just enjoy my retirement. as i said before not everyone on this game plays it only to pk. why dont u guys step up instead of watching from the sidelines like a bunch of school girls yourselves.

IF you kill me.. Good luck

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 04:22:18 PM »
Gramm you know I have a lot of respect for you but I have to say this.

To compare Bryton to what Essovius/Mumu were doing earlier this wipe is stretching it a little far...Sure he randoms and he also gets pkd for it as well. SOB have already said that they will not back him up against his randoming and if you can't keep away from a lone druid then I'm sorry. The war with SOB is only going on because of the shit talking that goes on between the two clans. Sure you can point a finger at them as well but they are in a position to back it up where as you and others who have talked crap to them are not. You let Nate drag you in to this mess only to vanish when shit got real and now you have to live with the consequences. I know that SOB are only opening hunting you/Nate/Josh/Jason, not the rest of Myth. I'm sure if you wanted to play you could talk to Jack and work something out, nobody wants you to quit playing Gramm.

Telling us to stop commenting from the sidelines well...you aligned yourself with someone that most of Dele don't care much for so I apoligize for the lack of willingness to help.

snax

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2013, 04:34:40 PM »
I think the imms are doing fine with their implementation of the no asshat policy.  Bryton has played the same villanous scoundrel for several years.  There is nothing he's doing this wipe that indicates an escalation or apogee in asshattery.  He shows up, kills, takes what he chooses, and moves on.  He also doesn't go around with tether bots and anchor-bots making himself eligible to revenge kill.

There in my opinion was an order of magnitude in difference between lottie-bruce and bryton in terms of being disdainful killers vs asshats.  I'm guessing you never pissed off lottie enough to get a firm understanding of how much the difference is between being actively hunted and raped by a tether/anchor-botting poof mage who is more than happy to blindly kill anyone/everyone irregardless in level using logic that eventually he'll kill his intended target.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2013, 05:38:01 PM »
randomers aren't evil monsters, if anything they're an endangered species.

you should want to protect and preserve them

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2013, 07:09:44 AM »
I agree with Daniel.

They don't hunt me over in SoB. I zone as much with them now as I do with anyone.

Still keep an eye out for that Ilank guy though!