Author Topic: PK things  (Read 3309 times)

Dyl

• Zoner
PK things
« on: July 29, 2013, 03:13:38 PM »
1) Why do you want to lower the group size max?  I'm not sure what this has to do with bots... meanwhile for people that arent on at 7am complaining there are no groups... there are some of us who during high activity periods can't get all the humans in 1 group which leaves 3 or 4 stragglers (hey it looks like 7am again) without a group... maybe they will bot now that they are kicked out of group?

2) PVP/time to react - cut all pvp damage by half.  Give more classes takedowns, or nerf bash.  Why bash got such a huge boost this wipe I'm still confused about... punch/bash combo and you're worried about being able to react?  Add positions besides sitting sleeping and standing that will mitigate takedowns...  Allow moving between them in battle for 'reaction' tactics... can go from sitting to kneeling, still be able to hit/cast if lucky.  Other classes should be getting some sort of takedown/lag/impair skill, trip for example

Standing - easiest to bash, takes least damage
kneel - 1/2 bash, 1/2 damage
sitting nobash, full damage

3) Literally, slow it down?  Run pvp at half pulse speed of normal combat?

Dyl

• Zoner
Re: PK things
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 03:15:23 PM »
4) Mages - Fix Clair (can react if you know they are close) without arcane bla bla bla.  Either add no_relo equipment, or allow mages to cast aura type nosummon/norelocate spells.

sart

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 03:20:32 PM »
Either add no_relo equipment, or allow mages to cast aura type nosummon/norelocate spells.

Yeah make mages stronger...

sart

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 03:22:16 PM »
I like the kneel idea though.

Dyl

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 03:38:04 PM »
Its supposed to make mages weaker and groups stronger... getting bombed with tether, spelltrap, punch/bash in first round is not time to react.

sart

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 04:02:35 PM »
Yeah but if you give them the protection auras.. then the only way to be safe from a mage solo would be to be a mage...

Dyl

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 04:18:31 PM »
OK so maybe AURA is bad... However, I'm thinking about it from a "realistic" countermagic kind of way.  Items are difficult to balance as you can look at the rise and fall of nosummon items and where they load throughout the years.

Make the spell a warding spell, sell warding stones at wayreth with other loads for more permanent items.  Stops certain spells from being cast in the room or targetting people in the room, specifically relo/summon.

buy stone
cast 'ward' stone relocate
The stone shines a bright white.
exa stone
The stone is currently protecting you against relocate for [XX] hours.