Author Topic: Pk_on  (Read 5801 times)

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
Pk_on
« on: July 29, 2013, 12:05:44 PM »
An idea I just thought of so feel free to adjust to your needs.

PK_ON:/PK_OFF:  Ok how it works is you cannot agro another player unless you have PK_ON switched on. PK_OFF is default

If you decide to PK someone you will toggle PK_ON.  Once you do this it shows on the who board you have intentions to pk.. "this will give people a warning if they are paying attention"  If you are attacked you will be auto PK_ON "still capable of entering peace rooms unless you retaliate flagging yourself" "If you are the attacker or attacking group you will be PK_ON unable to enter peace rooms.

This can only be toggled on/off from any peaceful INN only.  This will prevent people from standing 1 room away then toggling PK_ON .

Once you turn PK_ON  you are already flagged temporality for say 15mins. Just so you cant turn it off and on over and over.

So lets say a large group is wanting to ambush some people.  That entire group needs to recall to their inn to make the decision and from there move out as battle group..

I like it.  However I am the one who thought of it.  Suggestions?

reed23

• Zone Leader
Re: Pk_on
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 12:31:25 PM »
this sounds like another way naive people will get blasted by pk.  my thoughts if this were implemented: level up some unknowns, always have the pk off mode set. find location of group we want to hit, be able to toggle pk on from inn and hit the group within 30 seconds.  i dont really see this helping.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 12:44:07 PM »
I am also not sold on it,  it did sound like it had potential. 

Would you scrap it entirely or is it able to be re-worked?

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 01:37:07 PM »
I honestly see this accomplishing nothing.

You are going for some warning system that pk-ers are online and actively hunting, and what you have created is an annoying extra step to pk.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 01:58:41 PM »
Aristox: We want to address the quickness of some deaths in PK.  We want you to have a chance to react.

I was trying to line my idea up with this thinking. 

I am trying to think of another way of "warning" or having a "reaction" time that could be a reality.

That was really the only thing that I could think of that would allow reaction time.  Without the big signs saying HAY THEY COMIN UR WAY

@ Aristox.  Can you give us some idea's to work around perhaps? 

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 02:32:52 PM »
You are going at it the wrong way I believe.

If the who list remains, you already have plenty of indication your enemies around. And I don't want to get in the business of guessing intent.

What I am trying to solve is the situation where you are dead before you can react after the actual fight has started.  Obviously if 6 people all target one guy they are going to have little chance of living, but 1 or 2 people keeping a person locked down until dead is a problem.

I have my ideas for this, Hoss has his, we are looking for other ideas.

I appreciate the effort, I am just not sure it addresses the issue.

Basher

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 02:50:02 PM »
Actually, without mages hunting ANYONE is pretty much a pointless task.

Path is not even worth talking about, Hunt/track are already quite lame and useless, unless you have half a dozen people spread all over the map already, or spys sitting in the inn or rented nearby quick logs.

Simply adding lots of detect_scry nosummon or track sensing items would practically eliminate any pk possibility beyond poofing mages, if that's the intention. It's ok if you make it almost impossible huntdown soloers or the random person, but you are also kind of killing off any possibility of grabbing limited gear once it gets popped that way.

A dynamic pk system would also allow for a means for that gear to circulate through a regular challenge or defensive faceoff.

Basher

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 02:56:09 PM »

but 1 or 2 people keeping a person locked down until dead is a problem.

It's already not that easy if you have the wrong classes combo for target and attackers. High level tanks are pretty tough kills with 3-4 people unless they have shitty triggers or saves.

dodok

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 03:08:21 PM »
Meanie 1 bashes Dodok.
Meanie 1 send Dodok sprawling.

Two people punch him really hard in the face.

Meanie 2 casts 'some disabling spell'
Dodok resists, he has been disabled recently and is prepared for your spell.

Meanie 1 tries to bash Dodok but he is prepared for the move.

Dodok dies.

But basically diminishing returns of some type on all forms of cc/disables.  And the above is not realistic, I would have died in the first round :)

Basher

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 03:44:06 PM »
Dodok can't count..thats 3 meanies vs 1 poor dodok....plus he must be a caster to die that quick...having pk would be pointless if you can't actually pk anyone if they aren't ld or afk.

If you just want to tweak off relo or tether, you can just introduce a cooldown so that people cant tether or relo instantaneously after logging on...boom that kill surprises but forces stop forcing people into inns because the enemy logged.

Introduce a 1 tic holding room on player entry before transfer to the game and boom masslog and run at the enemies is killed off...

Make wizeye a low level guild spell or even scroll, make enigmatic dome more common or even a class aura and once more sneaking up on enemies peacefully zoning while you are masslogged is suddenly quite impossible...

allow more zones to be locked, same deal

..spells you can cast to get your group out of inn that is being stalked would also then allow you evade and take off into the wide unknown making hunting a chore when surprising people becomes hard...

it's not hard to make it so that the enemy is not forced to rent whe the warring clan logs and so everyone can zone peacefully....

..almost too peacefully though.....unless you could query a items timer in some way to know when it will be loading, thus if two clans want it they can fight over it or something along those lines otherwise they could just hide and zone peacefully somewhere else..or challenges can be given to clans forcing them to certain bring gear into competitive play or losing it to the challenger if they want to just zone peacefully instead etc. etc.

but the main reason unknows are hunted is because of chars being rolled for trash attack or sneak attacks...if there was no fear of warring clan doing that, or certain high level decays being publically available knowledge then they would be no need to hounding and hunting of everything that moves as it can be specifically directed, and I am not sure that clans who harbor warring clannies need be give a free pass..as always the larger 24/7 hr clans will always hold the upperhand, but atleast it will allow the other to pay the price for their peaceful zoning ways.

etc etc but if we want to create a balance between competition for the eq at the top rung for gear vs making it impossible to hunt/pk targets

sart

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 04:06:06 PM »
..almost too peacefully though.....unless you could query a items timer in some way to know when it will be loading, thus if two clans want it they can fight over it

What would stop them from just destroying said item early when their clan is available to reload?

Basher

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 04:36:22 PM »
..almost too peacefully though.....unless you could query a items timer in some way to know when it will be loading, thus if two clans want it they can fight over it

What would stop them from just destroying said item early when their clan is available to reload?

Well it doesn't have to autoload or even start loading right after it fooms..it can start off percent load after a timer when it fooms so the notification is that it will in in play in xxxx time so everyone can arrange to scramble for it.

Ask the question and we can find the answer!

btown

• Elder
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 04:47:50 PM »
you guys trashed this thread lol

Kragg

• God
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Village of Volger
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 04:51:05 PM »
Not a big fan of no risk zoning.  Pk has to always be a risk when you are out of the inn.  I say thumbs down on the pk_off option.  The risk just has to be more managable.

One idea is to add no_relo and no_recall to whats already on bone charms and make that the only no relo item in the game.  I think that would be hilarious!  So a hostile mage would relo in, you would leave and slap on the bone charm but are basically stuck near the area you slapped the charm on because you can't recall out.  You then trade the air war for a ground war!

Thoughts?

btown

• Elder
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 04:54:59 PM »
PK_OFF would only mean you can't attack someone.  You can still be attacked but that person would have to be PK_ON which in some form would show on the who board..

It don't matter though this has been shot and burned so don't expect it