Author Topic: Another bot thread, Hoss and Aristox please read  (Read 10497 times)

gulca

• Zone Leader
Re: Another bot thread, Hoss and Aristox please read
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 01:11:23 PM »
I would suggest we do run time testing on multi/bot/charmi for the rest of the wipe.

Monitor unique ips and just get stat over the next couple of months. Then hold another poll asking what the playerbase thinks having multi/bot/charmi after 2 months of real time testing.

Some rules:
1. All bot and scripts allowed.
2. Multiple logging char allowed.
3. Multi char sharing allowed.
4. Randoming and multiple killing allowed.
5. No pzap, pdelete, no interference from imms (except to log and analyze).

New shops
1. Regen, heal, stoneskin, ams pots and scrolls.
2. Charmies : healer, tank, thief, fragger type (level dependant and limit 1 per char)

Change the following items
1. scroll of recall and glowing recalls to "scoll of one way town portals".
-This allows ppl to enter the portal (require standing) back to town.
-Also allows pkers to use the same portal to chase their target back to same town
-Requires 2 actions to escape: 1st to recite, 2nd to enter portal.
2. word of recall spells stays same. "Pots of recall" change to scroll of one way town portals.

Pk limit
1. 4 ticks of cooldown everytime you log in from an inn. Char cannot pk during this time.

Many people claimed we have always been catering our needs to the carebear players and that is causing the decline in playerbase. Why not just open the flood gate, and let the "real" players prove they can rejuvenate the mud to its former glory?

2 months of testing isn't bad considering we have like 20 years of history?

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 01:16:22 PM »
@Gulca I'd be fine for testing your theory as long as it was preceded by a playerwipe which was advertised via email or something, or at least given 10 days notice etc..

with the exception of the items in the shop, it would ruin the PVE aspect of the game. And the change to scroll of recalls might make bashers too OP
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:22:11 PM by Kir »

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 01:34:02 PM »
Brandon no offense, and I feel bad throwing him under the bus so I won't use his actual name, but your cousin botted the entire time he was in apoc with you last wipe. As Reed previously stated you also had that lvl 30 mscout you guys used to kill cyan and pop a dragon orb. So regardless of whether you realized it or not, you had bots in your clan and you were botting. Under the current rules, your entire clan should have been deleted. If they had been, you would have thrown a tantrum at Hoss. See how this is going? The persecution of bots is ridiculous and it affects too many players.

2nd point Brandon, last wipe, APOC used bots and was doing Cyan and in a war with the top clan. This wipe, you say you are not botting and you are getting pked by Lashric wearing a woodsman's set. I am gonna go out on a limb and say you had a better showing last wipe when you  were botting.

sart

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 01:37:56 PM »
Hoss deleted my comment which I think was very important before... ass

@Gulca - I  love ya buddy, but I would not play under your system.  I am way too casual and afk from work to ever live in that world.

Why not duplicate the servers.. run 2 seperate instances of the game for a wipe.. one that had no rules, and the other that did not allow pk.  The serious players and expolorers would play the non - pk.. for sure, because the no rules one would look like chaos day and call of duty combined.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 02:03:22 PM »
Brandon, we are fine without bots as well. You keep making these threads about you. It is not about you or me or reed or jim or whoever. It is about the mud which currently has more people logged onto the forum reading this thread than are actively playing the game. We are trying to revitalize a dead game. We have given arguments as to why bots are and can be beneficial. Please come up with counter arguments instead of rants and accusations. Apoc botted like crazy as well, if you as the clan leader did not realize it, that says something in itself. I am sorry to break it to you, there are people who bot, and people who lie about botting. Some people who lie about botting (yourself) do not realize you are lying but you are. People in Apoc botted, and I'd imagine people in core and wild have botted from time to time albeit without their leader's knowledge or consent. However it does not change anything.

Again I reiterate, SOB did very well the first two months of this wipe while I played without botting. The best I've ever done as a clan leader, so obviously botting does not = winning. Botting does = fun however and a large playerbase.

Slunt

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 02:11:08 PM »
Given the way core was set up using skype at the time (when i was heavily active) there was never any bots in any core group. You had 10 voices in skype and i can say very positively there were no core affiliate bots.

If players in the clan botted in their spare time I would be shocked. Given the community of players we had and the interaction between us. I feel like i know member of core from that time period and i know there was no cheating going on.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 02:20:36 PM »
Well slunt, if you can be sure that at no time any core members ever botted then I'll take your word on it as I was just assuming. Ok, so there are botters, people who lie about botting, and Core who do not bot (although I am not sure even they still play even)

Slunt

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2013, 02:23:14 PM »
Anyhow Kir i said at that time.

I currently would prefer to play 2-3 characters so i can enjoy the game. (i even tried for 1 hour as i stated)

I may be able to with more effort achieve the same outcome with a shaman. I may not have the time to find that out. I will try however.

DCPTY1986

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2013, 02:41:07 PM »
2 wipes ago i was part of BSP who attacked OXEN who ran 10 mans all day and all night without stopping.  I would end up having to sacrifice sleep and wake up at 3 AM just to enjoy 1 or 2 zones before I had to go to work.  I would literally sit in IRC for hours on end chatting with the 2 other U.S. BSP players.  I then was approached by a fellow BSP who was very knowledgable in triggers/scripting, so we decided to go ahead and give it a try.  I have never had so much fun leveling a 10 man group by myself and not having to rely on others.  I'm not saying that having a 10 man group of real people isn't fun, but being able to go into high end zones by yourself I found very challeging and just as fun.  Mass ripping was the extremely fun and it happened a lot.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2013, 02:46:06 PM »
this entire thread has made me want to quit.  worthless .  wtf u deleting all my post and not the ones i am replying to that are directed at me?  im out

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2013, 02:59:16 PM »
@btown: if you could stay on topic, your posts wouldn't have been deleted. You instead, turned the thread into a personal dick slapping competition with others. I wanted to keep the thread clean of any flames and off topic posts so that we can follow the thread.

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 03:03:03 PM »
Just imagine the following scenario.

You quit Arctic for a couple of years due to RL.

Now you have some time, maybe a couple of hours on a Saturday night. You log onto the mud, create a char and type who. 10 players. Know none of them. You log off.

If botting and char sharing are allowed,

You log onto mud, create a char and type who. You find 90 chars on who list. You shout 'anyone remember me?". Get 2 - 3 tells and exchanged some whatsup. They tell you, "hey lets zone. What do you wanna play? Log in as Mumu and here is the password."

So you get 2 hrs of fun with old friends, chatting and fragging mobs away as a legend char.

Will you come back for more next week? Will you over stay 2 more hours each week? Who knows.

Hoss

• Elder
Re: State of the Bot Address
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2013, 03:08:01 PM »
Forum software is a little limited in the 'merge' area. Please redirect posts, on the SOBA thread here: http://arcticmud.org/forums/index.php/topic,271.0.html