Poll

Do you guys like flagged aggresive players can only see other flagged players on who?

If you want to be able to see the entire who board while flagged
7 (43.8%)
If you like the changes and prefer not to see the who board while flagged
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: July 26, 2013, 07:32:47 AM

Author Topic: The new hidden "who" when flagged  (Read 15782 times)

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
Re: The new hidden "who" when flagged
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 09:44:30 PM »
I think taking the who board away from say someone like me with very few people makes it very hard to defend ourselves.  plus its boring

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 10:13:37 PM »
First, they are not stupid and fully know what the ramifications of removing the Wholist from flagged characters is. 
Secondly, Hoss has stated he believes in building a better mousetrap in terms of combating certain forms of cheating.
  Now if those two things are true, is it not possible that this is the beginning of a mousetrap to catch those that are cheating...something along the lines of when a pkevent occurs a log is made of certain actions/commands, and if those actions flag certain requirements along with suspect IP addies...punitive action can be handed out.

A suspected who-bot could also be fed different/delayed information - interesting theory. Though the who bot could claim to be a casual clannie's alt.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:18:29 PM by gnua »

snax

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 03:51:14 AM »
You should be more interested in allowing botting and removing hoss from power than this stupid who list flag board shit!

While I don't agree with either of your ideas, it might still come to your surprise that I can deal with more than 1 thing at a time.

Yes but can you deal with random drunk assholes, whiney bitches, and buffer overflows while changing diapers and saying yes dear yet?
And if so, any chance you're willing to vouch for me during my next medication consult?

snax

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 04:03:02 AM »
this is about the stupidest post (and yes I'm actually choosing a non-word here) notion I've read in weeks... (probably years.)  People that bring people to the game are cool nice and bend over backwards at personal expense to help others.  They freely give and drag people through "high tier" zones they could easily solo at half the current 2+ man group level, knowing 90% of the time those they help will quit or lose interest.  They pause and acknowledge people have bladders and have to pee, have jobs, have kids, need to respond to craigslist NSA's whatever.

You're seriously mistaken in your assumptions.  Buff people attract alts of alts and bots.  Those who slow down the decimation are never welcome a second time.  Those...stupid...urr real people are the true source of attracting real people.  Even if the biggest zone a person learns and does an entire wipe is thorbardin, it's real people that make the game tick.  And while I read and understand your view, here's the stupid bapting truth:

Every wipe more people realize how a couple people game the system, those people are screwed out of doing a big zone (ie: silvanesti every 2-3 years IF they log enough)...and meanwhile they're fodder for lower tier zones (quali? shaydes?).

Of course, maybe I'm wrong, but I sincerely doubt it.

The fact of the matter is the mud is divided into 2 categories: Carebears and Those who play for competition.  And those that play for competition are the ones that bring people to the game, can lead clans of 20, and make the mud have 60-100 active players vs. 5 - 20 players.  When people such as daniel, jack, lucas, shesh, brandon, bob, finns, danes all leave the mud, there is no one left to lead the game.

I just don't understand why aristox and hoss sit there and don't interact on the forums to make the game better and collaborate with those who bring people to the game.  Unfortunately, in my opinion, the vision of the leaders of the game is extremely important but it appears to me that the people in charge don't care, or if they do, fail to interact with those people on the forums or in the game.

The daniels lucases and sheshes... bob...whatever....they'ld kick out a 10 year veteran if they had to go afk for more than 2 minutes during a 8 hour outing on this game....[edit:  if the person who is afk doesn't have a cheat-bot script or good enough triggers to allow the group to continue decimating]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 04:05:46 AM by snax »

sart

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 09:44:05 AM »
When people such as daniel, jack, lucas, shesh, brandon, bob, finns, danes all leave the mud, there is no one left to lead the game.

I would hate to see so many good players go... but your statement is simply not true.  Who brought you to this game Reed.. was it one of those people?

Beyond that... It has no business on this thread.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 09:53:24 AM »

The daniels lucases and sheshes... bob...whatever....they'ld kick out a 10 year veteran if they had to go afk for more than 2 minutes during a 8 hour outing on this game....[edit:  if the person who is afk doesn't have a cheat-bot script or good enough triggers to allow the group to continue decimating]

Mavlad, Lucas, Shesh, and Bob (and many other leaders) have all been very accommodating of my need to recall and attend to real life matters with very little notice. They made the game lots of fun for me, gave me all sorts of help, tossed me lots of shinies and books, and always seemed pleased to have me in the group for as long as I could manage. Don't know about daniel but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt given the good experience I've had with the other big leaders. Heck, even Mumu is pretty decent once you realize that his insults are nothing personal (he just has no tolerance for incompetence) and hates everyone equally.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:25:40 AM by gnua »

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 10:03:51 AM »
Sart, you brought me to the game, but you do not keep me in the game.  I only play if a few of my friends are playing, period.  If you do not play, it has no impact on my playing.  The mud is not going to attract new people.  The inevitable death of the mud is happening as the 80 or so people who have played this mud stop playing.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 10:04:50 AM »
You guys can attack my post all you want, but i guarantee if Jack, Daniel, and Lucas started playing seriously again, the mud would have 3 huge clans and have 60+ people online.

sart

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 10:23:39 AM »
The fact of the matter is the mud is divided into 2 categories: Carebears and Those who play for competition.  And those that play for competition are the ones that bring people to the game

My point was that this is not true... it truely is the "Carebears" (if I fall into that category), that bring people to this game.  I have introduced 16 people to this game over the years that actually played it.. and 6 still create characters and play most wipes.

I will agree that the big clans and war are what keep people here for longer per wipe.  Everyone gets bored eventually without some sort of action.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 06:22:52 PM »
I don't say it often...REED IS RIGHT

When you log and can immediately be ritual-ed into a high level zone with an 8-10 man of legend chars it does make you want to log again.

If people spent more time exploring and risking repeated deaths from exploring they could be elite leaders too, and people would flock to the game, because killing Cyan and Sleet is fun.

That said, it is also fun to finally learn where the +wis mace loads in sirrions caverns, or what in the world you do with the stone orb in enstar's bay.  There are challenges at every level if you are willing to take a risk and try a zone you've never done before.

Nary

• Immortal
  • Fodder
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 09:20:03 PM »
True Aleco, nothing funner than wasting a day on a Bog Table that wobbles.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 09:39:43 PM »
contrary to common belief, the whole "power playing" part of the game isn't really what i enjoy

there's nothing i like more than exploring, the reality is that most of the things i don't know now are very difficult quests that i've just not been able to crack, and it's not enjoyable to comb over the same areas you've been through 100 times looking for the 1 thing you missed to load some limit 1 item.

if anyone ever could point me in the direction of an area that i didn't know inside out, i'd be there in a heartbeat. that includes zones designed for sub level 5 characters (provided there are things to solve, rather than just xp mobs)

Anfi

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 09:59:12 AM »
Personally I don't like the new 'who' flagged list since I don't know how many enemy players could log after I've got flagged. So while I could continue a failed solo pk attempt before the change, now I'd better hide, or have a non-flagged friend who provides me with who list info constantly. (Is the vote itself closed?)

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 10:48:20 PM »
i'm not a fan of this change for one reason

anyone botting/multi'ing through a shell or proxy gets an advantage because of this

Nary

• Immortal
  • Fodder
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2013, 11:53:36 PM »
Agree Daniel / bc there is no like button.