Poll

Do you guys like flagged aggresive players can only see other flagged players on who?

If you want to be able to see the entire who board while flagged
7 (43.8%)
If you like the changes and prefer not to see the who board while flagged
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: July 26, 2013, 07:32:47 AM

Author Topic: The new hidden "who" when flagged  (Read 15781 times)

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
The new hidden "who" when flagged
« on: July 23, 2013, 07:32:47 AM »
After being flagged a couple times we have found this new system to be very bad and boring..  takes away a lot of the fun after a pk by not being able to see whats coming or prepare..  its really lame

Willoe

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
Re: The new hidden "who" when flagged
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 10:02:12 AM »
Noticed yesterday that once you are flagged you can not summoned unflagged people...unsure if this is as intended. IE. you try to summon pk and fail first summon then can not continue to summon afterwards...This was with summon circle have not actually attempted with regular summon spell.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 01:39:51 PM »
not only is that awesome, but thats... awesome. very good point ilya summon pk bye bye!

btown

• Elder
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 02:27:11 PM »
Gramm if you voted for option #2 because you like the fact of no summon/pk you voted wrong

This has nothing to do with summon!  If you want that to be the case fine,  maybe aggressor are unable to summon people.  but we just want the who board back!

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 03:59:58 PM »
I removed the stupid option because I am honestly interested in opinions on this subject.

DCPTY1986

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 04:09:23 PM »
You should be more interested in allowing botting and removing hoss from power than this stupid who list flag board shit!

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 06:11:59 PM »
You should be more interested in allowing botting and removing hoss from power than this stupid who list flag board shit!

While I don't agree with either of your ideas, it might still come to your surprise that I can deal with more than 1 thing at a time.

sart

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 06:14:16 PM »
I voted #1... I don't really care if I can see the wholist when Im flagged or not.. but I wont bot to look.  This is just another mechanism that gives people that cheat more of an advantage.

DCPTY1986

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 06:56:26 PM »
i just can't believe sanjuro is actually wasting his time making new zones that people can't even do because there isn't a strong enough groups to do them.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 07:43:09 PM »

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 08:18:45 PM »
<iframe width=\"560\" height=\"315\" src=\"//www.youtube.com/embed/1eO5U_uN7DQ\" frameborder=\"0\" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bapt you for getting this stuck in my head again

RaVaN

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 08:20:24 PM »
  I might be giving Aristox @ company more credit than they are due in terms of sneakiness on this.  Working off this theory:

First, they are not stupid and fully know what the ramifications of removing the Wholist from flagged characters is. 

Secondly, Hoss has stated he believes in building a better mousetrap in terms of combating certain forms of cheating.

Now if those two things are true, is it not possible that this is the beginning of a mousetrap to catch those that are cheating...something along the lines of when a pkevent occurs a log is made of certain actions/commands, and if those actions flag certain requirements along with suspect IP addies...punitive action can be handed out.

Example being:  X group jumps Y group resulting in slaughter=>X group runs to hide=>Trash_Lowbie sitting at inn begins spamming who list=>Logfile created and X group gets the Angry Fist of Hoss

That would be a very simple example, and with a bit more effort it could be expanded a bit.

I personally think those first two assumptions are true, and if this is the beginning of such a system it's pretty genius.  As I said, I might be given more credit than is necessarily true...but it's very obvious that Aristox@company are not stupid...you might disagree with them but that just is a difference of opinion, not lack of intelligence.  The truth is that noncheaters are pretty obvious that they are not cheaters in terms of gameplay, behavior, and IPs.  Trying to prove someone is cheating is a bit more difficult...and a system like this would collect that data needing to prove certain things while allowing Aristox@company to focus on the things that actually grow the game rather than wasting that time trying to suss out those cheating bastards.

Anyhow...food for thought!

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 09:03:42 PM »
The fact of the matter is the mud is divided into 2 categories: Carebears and Those who play for competition.  And those that play for competition are the ones that bring people to the game, can lead clans of 20, and make the mud have 60-100 active players vs. 5 - 20 players.  When people such as daniel, jack, lucas, shesh, brandon, bob, finns, danes all leave the mud, there is no one left to lead the game.

I just don't understand why aristox and hoss sit there and don't interact on the forums to make the game better and collaborate with those who bring people to the game.  Unfortunately, in my opinion, the vision of the leaders of the game is extremely important but it appears to me that the people in charge don't care, or if they do, fail to interact with those people on the forums or in the game.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 09:18:58 PM »
What are you talking about? my last post on this thread is full of spoilers about project lube.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 09:37:50 PM »
and back to bacon pancakes now