Author Topic: Botting reexplored  (Read 7468 times)

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Botting reexplored
« on: July 21, 2013, 06:01:49 AM »
485H 163V 1X 23.33% 10769C +-2437+ Exits:EWU>who
Mortals
-------
       Tikata the Female Kender
<MYTH> Thor the Male Human
<dele> Rasenth Es'Shoik, Terror Squad Storm Shadow

Total visible people : 3        Total people online  : 3

So this is at 8pm on a sunday. But should that matter? I think when you log on and are the ONLY one on! And yes that has happened before. I sat on mud for probably 35minutes one day being the only soul on the who list. What am I supposed to do during that time? What if that was my only 35mins to play that day and I wanted to run FT or ToT or storms or something small like that? And sure if those other 2 people on were a cleric and tank and with me being legend sky. We could of done a ton of shit! No problems. But what if they arent? I can't ever remember our player base being so bad. I don't think I have ever logged on to see only myself on for an extended period of time either. I think botting should be reopened for discussion. Because as it stands now. I logged on. and then right back off because I knew there wasn't anything I could do with what I had. So now i'll be playing league of legends for probably 2-3 hours till all my kids are awake! That's 2-3 hours the mud would of had someone playing it had they been able to..

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Re: Botting reexplored
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 06:05:17 AM »
And then there was ONE

503H 162V 1X 23.33% 10769C +-1829+ Exits:EWU>who
Mortals
-------
<dele> Rasenth Es'Shoik, Terror Squad Storm Shadow

Total visible people : 1        Total people online  : 1

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »
better delete them all, evil botters are ruining the game

ohhhh wait theres barely a game left to be ruined! soon only person left for hoss to delete will be himself.

eli

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 07:01:59 AM »
Daniel,

You're a broken record. We get it. You think the game is dying. But do you have to put that in to every post? We got it!

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 11:07:44 AM »
Hi. My name is Jack and I am a recovering arctic addict. I appreciate this anti-botting policy that is currently in place, because the persecution of suspected bots makes 90% of the playerbase quit (directly and indirectly), so when I am feeling the urge to mud I see this
"6 visible players online now"

And I realize, the game isn't even worth playing. So because of not playing arctic, I am able to do well in school, have a girlfriend, enjoy the outdoors, and hang out with friends and family. When I am mudding, none of the latter is possible. So basically what I am saying is, I owe everything good in my life to the current state of arctic, which is basically unplayable.

Personally, if running arctic was my responsibility, I would do everything in my power to encourage a larger playerbase, which makes the game more fun\competitive\exciting for everybody, however it is not my responsibility so I'll just go on enjoying a life without addiction.

Thanks, and god bless you all and your families!

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 11:16:40 AM »
That's all fine and dandy until

1. You still get a C-
2. Your girlfriend cheats on you with your friend
3. It rains
4. See 2
5. Your family is mostly old ladies and drunks

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 02:23:32 PM »
Keep your personal issues to yourself Brandon, none of us want to hear it.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 02:44:48 PM »
I want to try a bryton joke ok here I go..

"no that's you"

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 06:23:29 AM »
Well Brandon, I'd have to agree with Bryton on this one. I know superficially you were probably trying to flame my post, but looking deeper into it, your attitudes obviously reflect a pessimistic and negative attitude about your own life. You look to the worst case scenario and let those negative thoughts deter you from even trying to do something. Well, if you are afraid to fail, you will never make anything of yourself in life. A winner looks for ways to win, a loser looks for ways to lose. Don't let your addiction to a game with 3 people online prevent you from making something out of yourself in the real world. Log your characters, add up your playtimes, and think about how much you could have accomplished if you had invested that time and effort into your own life instead of "your character's". After you make something of yourself in the real world, then you can come back to mud and enjoy it for what it really is, a fun little way to spend your limited free time.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 06:32:30 AM »
Kir are you flipping joking me?  I have 1 character this wipe that is rank 16.  how many do you have or did you have?  my post was a joke about your post.

I wasn't trying to flame your post it was just a joke about the things u listed. I don't know you nor care about your "real life"  the fact you just got on to basically defend what I said does speak volumes tho!..  loooserr!

btown

• Elder
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 06:35:50 AM »
Edited for Kir

and some positive morning music for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzPPAw5tnqs
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:59:06 AM by btown »

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 07:41:07 AM »
Glad I could humor you, but I think you need to re-read my post Brandon. The point of it was, your negative attitudes reflect more about you than they do about me.

When I say school, you automatically think of C-.
When I say girlfriend, you automatically think of girlfriends cheating.
When I say family, you automatically think of old ladies and drunks.

As you said 'I don't know you nor care about your "real life"', which means you aren't formulating your opinion from my life experiences, but your own. And by the way, it'd be "psychological" not "psychic".

btown

• Elder
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 07:45:57 AM »
I was waiting for you to respond.

My point is get a sense of humor.  My comment towards your original comment was purely in joke,  it wasn't even directed at "you"

It was more of scenario's that could bring you back to mud is all.  life has ups and downs

But you insist on flaming me at 8am!  stay positive buddy!

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2013, 08:06:24 AM »
Ok Brandon, sorry if I offended you, god bless you and good luck with all your future endeavors and my apologies to everybody for hijacking this thread from its original purpose.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 08:19:58 AM »
this is less about botting and more about the love tryst between two players.