ArcticMUD > General Discussion

Idea:Clairvoyance should only flag when the victem saves and sees the messaging.

(1/3) > >>

Kir:
Clairvoyance is a historic arctic mud spell. 20 years ago if your clan had a mage and they got Clairvoyance it was almost as good as getting prism. When the robed system was first introduced, Clairvoyance was broken and didnt work for a very long time and graciously some coder fixed the issue and now Clairvoyance works pretty well. The issue I have with the spell is that it puts a 15 minute flag on the caster 100% of the time, (whether you landed a successful clair or not, whether the victim saves or doesn't save etc). Now it might seem reasonable that clair should always flag but the issue is that with the current mechanics of the game its very obvious to anybody with half a brain whats going on whether they save or not. Explanation: With specialized robes, theres just not that many people with high level red robes. If you see a red robe flagged by himself, you know 100% he is using the spell Clairvoyance. Now that everybody can play 2 characters at once, theres never going to be an instance where a red robe tries to solo pk somebody so if the red robe was flagged due to pk, he wouldn't be the only person flagged. So basically whether you landed a save or not is irrelevant. All you need to do is check the who list and if there is a flagged red robe you can be 100% certain he's trying to ascertain a location. And by any basic knowledge of the current political structure you can figure out who said mage is Clairvoyancing rather easily.

My solution to this situation: Please only flag the caster of the spell Clairvoyance if the victim lands a saving throw. And for historical reference, pre robed mages Clairvoyance didn't flag at all.
Thanks for your time.

corey:
An* historical!

Anyway, it's an aggressive action, just like steal, case, etc. If you do it for one, you have to do it for all.

I'm split. I don't think it should flag but I also don't care for the pvp aspect anymore.

Tajs:
or the very least not flag if "the magic fails" - that's just weird!

Bro:

--- Quote from: corey on November 06, 2021, 02:09:00 PM ---An* historical!

--- End quote ---

This is not correct, btw. I may be missing some joke here though.

corey:

--- Quote from: Bro on November 08, 2021, 03:01:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: corey on November 06, 2021, 02:09:00 PM ---An* historical!

--- End quote ---

This is not correct, btw. I may be missing some joke here though.

--- End quote ---

it actually is

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version