ArcticMUD > General Discussion

how is randoming still a thing in this game?

(1/4) > >>

steve d:
"pvp" is so stupid in this game. 

a spelled mage can just relocate to me wherever i am in an instant and have both of my guys cc'd before i know what is happening.  there is nothing sporting or interesting about it.  its an execution.  and then after i re-enter the game he kindly lets me know he didnt loot.  he didnt even want my stuff.  so why did he do it? 

even if i wanted to fight back (which i dont) the power gap between him and me is so huge i would never be able to kill him.  and if i tried it would probably just excite him making him kill me more and more.

you cant even call this pvp.  this is more like a full grown man seeing some kids having fun playing basketball so he takes their ball and kicks it onto the roof.  because making them suffer is fun.  and what can the kids do to him really?  in this park that kind of behavior is allowed.

its pretty rare to get randomed in this way, but it doesnt feel good. if i want to keep playing this game i have to just cross my fingers that maybe no one will kill me today.  while at any moment on a whim, a sociopath can just come and destroy my fun in seconds.  Or i can just go play basketball somewhere else.

Hoodoo:
Oh, my sweet summer child.  Be glad you didn't play when Rise, or Corey, or highlight by association pk were things.

Yes, it sucks to eat the random hit, and that guy was a duck for doing it.  But, it is a rarity these days. The imms have helped with this quite a bit after 25 years of "PK is holy, we must not interfere."

corey:

--- Quote from: Hoodoo on October 22, 2021, 12:05:25 AM ---Oh, my sweet summer child.  Be glad you didn't play when Rise, or Corey, or highlight by association pk were things.

Yes, it sucks to eat the random hit, and that guy was a duck for doing it.  But, it is a rarity these days. The imms have helped with this quite a bit after 25 years of "PK is holy, we must not interfere."

--- End quote ---

Hey I'm still playing. You can call him old_Corey. Or young Corey, whatever you prefer. I don't do that anymore.

At least not as long as I'm not playing a thief...

steve d:
i dont even really blame the player....well maybe a little bit.

but there are jerks in any game.  the real question is why is it allowed?  for the price of 2 ticks of mem one asshole can erase hours and hours of work from me with no risk and no consequences.   and he could do it again every day if he chose.  if i was stupid enough to keep playing that is.  i am expected to do what? beg this person for mercy?  or maybe just put my head down and continue playing and just accept that whenever they feel like it other players can to ruin my progress with little to no effort?

i cant even imagine how many players the game has lost to this. 

Episte:
Randoming entertains some players. If you're over 12 realize like life you don't automatically win if you have good grades and ambition. Take those deaths and learn to be better or retire, but don't whine to make the game carebear mud

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version