ArcticMUD > Game Ideas

Pirate Class

(1/1)

mpriki:
Ok i had i crazy idea i would like to share with you, A pirate class!!! Pirates are DL themed.

Enjoy !

Pirate Class

What is a pirate's place on Arctic?
its a melee class agility and charisma based, jack-of-all-trades and master of nothing. they can pin enemies , avoid flatten, evade and pick doors.Can be tanks OR damage dealers , single OR area dmg
They Have to prepare themselves to be effective and cannot change their mind half-way and thats their weakness, taking the proper supplies before set sails is an art.
They use pirate's garb as an offhand that deals special dmg , stacking +dr eq wont be effective on a pirate

skills
[Long Blades] [miscelaneous] [short blades]
[Rescue]
[evade]
[Sure Footed] A life time fighting on land and seas taught you how you can stand at your feet .
   Passive skill that helps you avoid flatten
[parrot] can use the parrot to do various things
   1.leave parrot guarding and area , wiz eye yelling on mob entrance
   2.An extra pair of eyes at your shoulder, awareness and stab prot
   3.Order the parrot to scan areas, scout the mobs on chosen dir
[Reputation] You chose how you want people  to receive you .
   A Stance skill that needs to be out of combat, Proper appearance needs time to set and needs at least a day to set again, skill's power determined by CHA
   1. Pirate Captain inspiring and protective    +Max HP -AC +[rescue] skill + [imposing figure] skill
   2. Dreadful Pirate uses fear to cause havoc   do more damage and use more often [pistol] and [bomb] skills
[Finese Blow] You chose to sever a muscle with a very precise hit. needs a weapon, quality increases effectiveness
   1. Leg (bash)
   2. Arm (increase chance to fumble attacks)
[pistol Flintlock] Pirates have access to gunpowder and pistols , Ammo set is a time consuming act , needs to set before combat and needs at least a day to set again
   1. Single Ammo for higher dmg
   2. Scatter Ammo For area dmg
[Bomb] Creating special Bombs , creating bombs is a time consuming act , needs to set before combat and needs at least a day to set again
   1.Fire Bomb area fire dmg, and burn
   2.concussive bomb dmg and may Stun
   3.powder creates choking gases that increase chance to fail spellcasting or fail to speak
[Follow Foe] None can esape you. using your high mobility to prevent foes from reatreat
   passive skill that hits your target hard and prevent him from escape tactics like flee or fade
[set explosives] set explosives to open locked things
[Pirate Garb] Pirates using the awe-inspiring pirate garb and they are masters
   Creates a pirate garp, has no dice or dmg stats, can be used as an offhand. The garb's quality affected by CHA and usage by DEX
   1. While on Pirate Captain Rep using the garb to avoid hits , like an area shield block but less effective than shield block
   2. While on Dreadful Pirate Rep using the garb to land some extra havoc, lands special dmg rip guts etc 1-2 hits dex based (no str or dr added to damage, only damage done)
[Pirate Words] Using words that cannot be spoken unless you are an experienced seadog
   1. While on Pirate Captain Rep Inspires Hatred on enemies, Aoe taunt
   2. While on Dreadful Pirate Rep inspires Fear on enemies, Aoe reduce dmg done
[imposing figure] Your presence inspires your crew and your enemies . group buff that must be activated like Battle cry
   1. While on Pirate Captain group cloak of bravery -hr on enemies
   2. While on Dreadful Pirate Rep Bloodlusts group +damage done while enemies -hr

Legend Skills
[Ghost Captain's Locker] by the years you managed to find a magical locker of the great pirate king, by opening the locker the ghost of the pirate king aid you as a presence to your doings blah blah
   1. While on Pirate Captain Rep increase sturdiness even more , lim dmg, -AC +CHA
   2. While on Dreadful Pirate increases value of hits
[certain death] When the pirate feels that life is ending adrenaline rushes, automatic at 50% of HP
   1. While on Pirate Captain Rep reduces damage taken and can stand even if bleeding to death (delay death)
   2. While on Dreadful Pirate increases value of hits and can stand even if bleeding to death (delay death)

Tajs:
Sounds fun - I'd play it!
I like that you can swap stances according to your role - perhaps use a cooldown instead of outside combat?

Nostramazos:
I like it too. And my char would be....Seinfeld, He Does Want to be a Pirate!

Nostramazos

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version