ArcticMUD > General Discussion

Dear immortal staff, please consider the return of the skill FLANK

<< < (2/3) > >>

reed23:
Bring back flank.  Make Thieves Great Again!  Thiefs have been nerfed into oblivion and are utterly useless.  I'd take Aspasia or Chaun over current thiefs.  Give them some love please so they can leave the "bitch disabler" rolls they are in.

Kir:

--- Quote from: reed23 on September 15, 2021, 04:52:09 PM ---Bring back flank.  Make Thieves Great Again!  Thiefs have been nerfed into oblivion and are utterly useless.  I'd take Aspasia or Chaun over current thiefs.  Give them some love please so they can leave the "bitch disabler" rolls they are in.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this post. Now that there is a 2 character limit, thieves (who used to be the top soloers) are no longer even close because now "solo" is a two character combo. I've heard of people doing glymmer with a white robe\shaman. I know Aranaea does much content on a black robe\shaman. I know a legend druid\palain or cleric\warrior or cleric\barb etc etc is way better at soloing than any combo with thief. Reed is correct that a thief is the best at one thing: disabling. Flank would definitely help bring up the dps gap and turn them into a premiere class. Remember, legend mountain scouts can hit 5x oblit with wildfire in a round +ravage. Sky scouts can 8x oblit a round. Barbs with legend wardance\assail\gore can double oblit consistently with decent dps from those skills. Legend thieves at this moment cant even come close to any of that in groups. Yes they can backstab mobs in low\mid zones and there might even few a few high end mobs they can stab but for the most part thieves have been left behind in the evolution of the game.

Patpat:

--- Quote from: Kir on September 15, 2021, 05:56:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: reed23 on September 15, 2021, 04:52:09 PM ---Bring back flank.  Make Thieves Great Again!  Thiefs have been nerfed into oblivion and are utterly useless.  I'd take Aspasia or Chaun over current thiefs.  Give them some love please so they can leave the "bitch disabler" rolls they are in.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this post. Now that there is a 2 character limit, thieves (who used to be the top soloers) are no longer even close because now "solo" is a two character combo. I've heard of people doing glymmer with a white robe\shaman. I know Aranaea does much content on a black robe\shaman. I know a legend druid\palain or cleric\warrior or cleric\barb etc etc is way better at

--- End quote ---

A thief with average eq + curer can solo nearly any content in the game they want. The biggest annoyance is nostab stuff but envenom is strong and there’s lots to work with in their kit. I agree in an 8 man a thief doesn’t bring much to the team but in a 2 char group they’re still amazing. Is there a solution to thiefs role in big groups that’s not just more damage?

Gnua:

--- End quote ---

I thought every clan had a thief on par with Katarina...

Kir:

--- Quote from: Patpat on September 15, 2021, 06:54:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kir on September 15, 2021, 05:56:25 PM ---

--- End quote ---

I agree with this post. Now that there is a 2 character limit, thieves (who used to be the top soloers) are no longer even close because now "solo" is a two character combo. I've heard of people doing glymmer with a white robe\shaman. I know Aranaea does much content on a black robe\shaman. I know a legend druid\palain or cleric\warrior or cleric\barb etc etc is way better at

--- End quote ---

A thief with average eq + curer can solo nearly any content in the game they want. The biggest annoyance is nostab stuff but envenom is strong and there’s lots to work with in their kit. I agree in an 8 man a thief doesn’t bring much to the team but in a 2 char group they’re still amazing. Is there a solution to thiefs role in big groups that’s not just more damage?

--- End quote ---

Well, in most games there are tanks/dps/support. I dont see thieves as tanks or support so it leaves dps. In most games rogues are pure dps so it makes sense to me that rotating flank back in (which by the way was VERY fun to play) would be the best bet. It wouldnt overly change anything when it came to soloing but would bring them back into the mix as dps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version