ArcticMUD > Game Ideas

Shaman Suggestions

(1/5) > >>

corey:
I'll be updating this thread with my opinion on the state of the Shaman class.

Please provide feedback either on these points or of your own. I'll be updating the main post periodically so come back a few times to make sure you don't miss anything.

Issue #1
Spirits are way too strong. They're about as strong as pre-nerf cleric animates with weapons. They don't hit quite as hard, but there's more of them. I regularly have 4 spirits that are all double annihilating.

Suggestion

* Spirits can no longer hit
* Transmogrify us learned at all regular guilds
* Transmogrify is now circle 2
* Transmogrify no longer provides a debuff preventing you from controlling spirits
* Transmogrify spirit is now modified by level as well as solely number of spirits to prevent double oblitering level 10s
* Spirits can still be used in all other manners
* Legendary control removed
* Max spirits increases by 1
Issue #2
Pre-legend, Shaman are still too weak for healing when compared to clerics. Even with the changes this wipe, they can't compete early game until they get healing wave and progress to legendary.

Suggestion

* A new spell, "mend wounds" is added. This spell replaces cure serious. This spell would heal for the same amount as cure serious, but would have the additional effect of ending regenerate on the target, and increasing the base healing by the entirety of a regenerate spell. This spell would best be used when a regenerate spell were about to fall off. This spell would not heal the extra "remaining" regenerate amount, but the entirety of a spell.
Issue 3
Nap is a cool spell on paper but it's pretty bad in practise, as much as I want it to be great.

Suggestion

* It would be neat if this one spell were to stay memorized after a death.
Issue 4
Boiling blood duration is really, really short. Shaman have a ton of buff spells and it's annoying to have to recast it all the time.

Suggestion

* I don't know that this is a problem that needs to be fixed, but it annoys me.
* Legendary boiling blood added. Increases offensive abilities further. Increases duration. Increases offensive abilities (or the reverse, spell damage/healing) of group members.
Issue 5
Ghostmaster ritual. No inherent issue with the spell, but it's loved and begged for by group members constantly.

Suggestion
In the current direction of the game of making things more player friendly, it would be cool if GM could teach all classes.

Issue 6
Ritual voyage feels like I'm playing an immortal character and cheating. It's grossly unfair in its current state.

Suggestion

* Do not allow this spell to work on players in combat.

corey:
Accidentally quoted instead of modified... oops.

Malthros:

--- Quote from: corey on August 28, 2021, 03:53:15 PM ---Suggestion

* A new spell, "mend wounds" is added. This spell replaces cure serious. This spell would heal for the same amount as cure serious, but would have the additional effect of ending regenerate on the target, and increasing the base healing by the entirety of a regenerate spell. This spell would best be used when a regenerate spell were about to fall off. This spell would not heal the extra "remaining" regenerate amount, but the entirety of a spell.
--- End quote ---

This spell would effectively give (legend) shamans the Heal spell at a lower circle than Heal.  If regen is hitting someone for 100-150 a round for 6 rounds that's going to top off a tank in most situations and full heal any non tank class and completely overshadow Cure Massive as well, while being at a much lower circle.  Even if you stuck this on Cyan and Blazewight it'd be overpowered.  Even for non-legend shamans it'd be on par with if not better than Cure Massive.

corey:

--- Quote from: Malthros on August 28, 2021, 11:12:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: corey on August 28, 2021, 03:53:15 PM ---Suggestion

--- End quote ---

This spell would effectively give (legend) shamans the Heal spell at a lower circle than Heal.  If regen is hitting someone for 100-150 a round for 6 rounds that's going to top off a tank in most situations and full heal any non tank class and completely overshadow Cure Massive as well, while being at a much lower circle.  Even if you stuck this on Cyan and Blazewight it'd be overpowered.  Even for non-legend shamans it'd be on par with if not better than Cure Massive.

--- End quote ---

Makes sense/fair judgment. I was trying to envision something I wouldn't bother casting at legend, but I think you're right. The only difference is that it would take two casts, not one.

What if you also included "reduces effectiveness of your healing spells to the target by x% for y rounds.
Or legend regen once again replaces this new spell with cure serious.
Or there's a healing cap on his spell.

Hoodoo:
Made similar points in clan discord earlier in wipe.

My clan shamans were less than pleased.

Absolutely agree, especially about the damage output of one of the two primary healers in game.

It should likely be lower. By a lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version