Author Topic: Alt Classes  (Read 3259 times)

corey

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
Re: Alt Classes
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2021, 11:01:55 PM »
It's been fun listening to everyone's war stories about doing end game on a sky scout, ocean scout, white robe, 3 DKS, thief, and red robe.  I stand corrected and look forward to rushing an Ocean and Barb!

For the love of all that's holy and your own sanity, do not play an ocean. They're such hot shit garbage

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2021, 05:07:50 PM »
A. Depends on what you do with them.
B. Not every class responds as well to having the best 10 items in the game hung off of them; some will be better than others in that very specific use case.  You only play in that very specific use case.

For those who have to do more with less, ocean actually responds quite well.

I do understand the frustration you had when you thought you'd discovered the new hotness with your ocean tank theory, though.  You were excited about the idea for about 10 minutes. :)

corey

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2021, 08:02:36 PM »
A. Depends on what you do with them.
B. Not every class responds as well to having the best 10 items in the game hung off of them; some will be better than others in that very specific use case.  You only play in that very specific use case.

For those who have to do more with less, ocean actually responds quite well.

I do understand the frustration you had when you thought you'd discovered the new hotness with your ocean tank theory, though.  You were excited about the idea for about 10 minutes. :)

I knew they were junky and I was very excited yea. All the way to legend (R6? I don't recall). Then I had almost the best possible gear to make it happen and it was still awful.

They just lack in every area.

mpriki

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2021, 03:36:05 PM »
Alt classes dk-scout-thief ?
Get a cleric, a tank and 6 more, really just anything...
Then zone ..... Simple? Just dont go with 7 casters in nomagic fights.

Nostramazos

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2021, 03:37:12 PM »
Ocean/barb is secret Myth power strat. Good to see Reed respects the genius.

You tried Ocean/Barb duo? I did Ocean/Paladin duo. Thoroughly enjoyed it.