Author Topic: Old player just saying hi  (Read 1108 times)

Jerguy

Old player just saying hi
« on: April 04, 2021, 11:13:44 AM »
Heyas everyone,

I have played off and on since 1995, although very rarely over the last 10+ years.  I would occasionally pop back in and see what had changed and then fade back out again.

With that being said, I came across a Youtube series on Arctic and it kind of sucked me back in.  I started playing again the other night and have been enjoying the nostalgia and relearning the game so far although I'm only middish level doing stuff around Solace still.  In my prime I had done just about everything, had a Lvl 31 imm(Coruda) had fun in PK wars back in the Shriner Harpers Destiny days.  Forever ago I know. 

Anyway just wanted to say hi, and it's awesome to see the MUD still doing so well.  I love the concept of not being limited in progression through ranks/reincarnate and look forward to exporing more.

Name is Jerguy in game.  Feel free to say hi if you see me!

Minx

Re: Old player just saying hi
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 09:31:32 AM »
Hi all,

I played since 1994, I still remember the game and think about it even though I'm 41 now. I was an early school leaver and spent at least 9 years playing Arctic 24/7 seriously. I'm glad to see there are active Immortals contributing to the game and I hope more people will play, it is really great. Like a lot of older players life takes over and it is going well. Since leaving MUD I went back to school and finished a university degree in Business. I did come back for 1 wipe about 10 years ago and made a ranked mage thanks to people for welcoming me back. What I found was I was really behind the speed of the game though. Then a couple of times I've returned to find the player base is in decline but I still love the idea of returning to Arctic some day time permitting - have a child, marriage and a business to run. So many good memories of the mud and the clan wars. I think the clan wars were some of the best part of the game, the pressure and the risk element of limited, rare and unique equipment. The rush of getting a good drop etc. Just want to say thanks for the memories to all who played from 1991 to 2010. Special thanks to James/Morgion, Aristox, Scrappinak, Dave/Kem, Gus/Zalm, Paul, Wythn, Lasse & Kimmo, Peter/Goblin, Lucas & Oligo for making the game great in that period, Thanks to all the Shriners for being great enemies and all the Blood Sea Pirates - Klaus and Morten for continuing when they left for Ever quest. Playing from Australia, lag was always an issue for me, and losing the Onyx shield due to it was something I will not forget :)
Lol the days of dial up internet are gone now so maybe it will work better if I returned with 100mbps for a text game. Special thanks to all who died due to my healing over the years.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
Re: Old player just saying hi
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 12:27:37 AM »
Hi all,

I played since 1994, I still remember the game and think about it even though I'm 41 now. I was an early school leaver and spent at least 9 years playing Arctic 24/7 seriously. I'm glad to see there are active Immortals contributing to the game and I hope more people will play, it is really great. Like a lot of older players life takes over and it is going well. Since leaving MUD I went back to school and finished a university degree in Business. I did come back for 1 wipe about 10 years ago and made a ranked mage thanks to people for welcoming me back. What I found was I was really behind the speed of the game though. Then a couple of times I've returned to find the player base is in decline but I still love the idea of returning to Arctic some day time permitting - have a child, marriage and a business to run. So many good memories of the mud and the clan wars. I think the clan wars were some of the best part of the game, the pressure and the risk element of limited, rare and unique equipment. The rush of getting a good drop etc. Just want to say thanks for the memories to all who played from 1991 to 2010. Special thanks to James/Morgion, Aristox, Scrappinak, Dave/Kem, Gus/Zalm, Paul, Wythn, Lasse & Kimmo, Peter/Goblin, Lucas & Oligo for making the game great in that period, Thanks to all the Shriners for being great enemies and all the Blood Sea Pirates - Klaus and Morten for continuing when they left for Ever quest. Playing from Australia, lag was always an issue for me, and losing the Onyx shield due to it was something I will not forget :)
Lol the days of dial up internet are gone now so maybe it will work better if I returned with 100mbps for a text game. Special thanks to all who died due to my healing over the years.

Welcome back bro, I have fond memories of the New Era Society. I've seen Saika on, not sure if that is you or someone has stolen your name.