Author Topic: Why I stopped playing.  (Read 2684 times)

el conquistador

• Zoner
Re: Why I stopped playing.
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2021, 06:20:53 PM »
For me I just don't have the self-restraint to avoid the temptation to use triggers while afk to skill, run out a moc flag, run out a haste flag, kill foliage, or rewield weapons. Nor do I have the mental capacity to act like a law abiding citizen while I flagrantly violate the rules (probably an autism spectrum thing about not being able to act one way and be another). It wasn't a problem in previous wipes because I honestly believed that everyone did it and that no one cared. Over the past weeks high ranking immortals, low ranking immortals, people from other clans, and even at least one person from my clan has said that these afk activities devalue the efforts and achievements of the honest players and that the "no doing stuff while afk" rule will and should be rigorously enforced.

I wish the remaining players and immortals the best of success in arctic.

i used to use quite a lot of triggers and believed as you did, that a majority of the players did the same.  i have grouped with players in the past who were obviously fully automated and i never went that far but i was at most half playing my 2nd character two wipes ago.

but now i have been able to cut triggers out completely.  and while the game is more work and a little less fun than before, it is still a really good game!

Blobble

Re: Why I stopped playing.
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2021, 01:28:23 AM »
We'll miss you Ilya.  Godspeed, my friend.