Author Topic: Anyone else scared to log with the new changes?  (Read 4098 times)

Hoodoo

• Zoner
Re: Anyone else scared to log with the new changes?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2021, 03:22:11 PM »
You're correct. That being said, my clan has never had extensive issues in that regard, when one looks at combat botting. A couple characters were somewhat automated, but no heal scripts, minimal rescue assistance by trigger, etc.   Given the previously accepted standards as observed by enforcement, we were middle of the road at our worst.

I have previously ruined my clan's zoning for a fair portion of a wipe by reporting our best clan leader for perpetually 2manning with his 'brother', actually his ocean scout bot, during a wipe where it was most definitely illegal to do so. I'm the wrong guy at whom you might wish to toss those accusations: I lost a wipe to the aftermath of that principled decision.

In regards to somehow trying to police brew/scribe botting in my clan... are you bapting serious? I mean, I'm known as an occasionally intense asshole at my worst, but even I'm not that guy, and I shouldn't be expected to be.

I can control my actions. I chose to do so.   I gave up trying to control the actions of others some time ago.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2021, 05:03:13 PM »
In regards to somehow trying to police brew/scribe botting in my clan... are you bapting serious? I mean, I'm known as an occasionally intense asshole at my worst, but even I'm not that guy, and I shouldn't be expected to be.

I can control my actions. I chose to do so.   I gave up trying to control the actions of others some time ago.

As far as I understand the rules: if your clannies and/or regular groupmates are botting you are supposed to stop zoning with them or face punishment as well.

From the rules you wish to see enforced:
Any group of players associated with the use of 'bots' could suffer penalties for the knowing presence of a 'bot' in the group Penalties begin at 1 month in the abyss. Group leaders should be careful about the players they invite to group
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 05:17:07 PM by Gnua »

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2021, 05:38:19 PM »
And as that is now the currently enforced standard, it is what I expect from Myth. Prior to the recent clarification, and per the previously enforced standards, Myth was along the expected norms.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2021, 05:55:16 PM »
I spent about 4 hours making my scripts compliant with the "dont fight back if you are afk" rule. I'm quite pleased with the results and enjoyed myself thoroughly. Kylie Minogue was also kind enough to summarize my experience.

Come on everybody stop your bots in motion. Come on everybody, why the big commotion?
There's never been a skill that's not easy to train. You can even make it legal if you just use your brain.
So come on, come on, brew another potion with me
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 07:44:28 PM by Gnua »

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2021, 06:06:15 PM »
I think that's how one describes pain in Australian.

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2021, 09:28:47 PM »
What about the people who can't even play one character without using disarm triggers or skill training triggers or rescue triggers or triggers to eat and drink every ten minutes while they wear off a haste flag or a moc flag?  should they play zero characters?

That is correct. Look, let's not pretend this is a Title IX argument and we're trying to make sure that everyone has equal access. This is a game where it's plainly delineated as to what is and isn't allowed in terms of automation and if you're unable to function within the rules, moving back to Candy Crush is probably your best course of action.

Anista

• Administrator
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: The Abyss
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2021, 03:34:29 AM »
The staff has already been discussing ways to improve the mundane skilling system for next wipe, or at least make it less of an obstacle. We have some ideas, but nothing concrete. Yes, wipe planning ideas are already in the works, many months away!

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2021, 02:44:48 PM »
The staff has already been discussing ways to improve the mundane skilling system for next wipe, or at least make it less of an obstacle. We have some ideas, but nothing concrete. Yes, wipe planning ideas are already in the works, many months away!

Looking forward to the changes

SArT

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Anything outside of Arctic
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2021, 01:06:50 AM »
Sorry.. been away for a while.

This is all very funny to read. We are all grown adults at this point and you are getting your butts spanked for being smart on a game...

The most fun I ever had on Arctic was writing scripts to auto run zones (could do dozens of zones and ranks on an auto rotation).. so much work and so many hours. I don't think that aspect of my game play ever negatively impacted any other players.

SArT
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 01:16:32 AM by SArT »

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2021, 05:52:42 AM »
Start, I'm reasonably certain your well known scripting habits on thieves were a primary motivator in forcing the imms to nerf fade.

So... Some others may disagree in regards to whether or not you affected their gameplay with your "creative rules interpretation"...

dp

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2021, 07:25:03 PM »
Reading this after a while, I'm surprised nobody discussed using a list and an alias:

#ACTION {disarms your weapon} {#showme DISARMED - PLEASE ENTER x; dolistadd get $weapon \r wield $weapon}
#ACTION {^Your casting is disrupted by the fighting!$} {#showme DISRUPTED - PLEASE ENTER x; dolistadd #send !}
#ALIAS {dolistadd} {#list {dolist} {insert} {1} {%0}}
#ALIAS {x} {$dolist[1]; #list {dolist} {delete} {1}}

Seems perfectly legal in view of this discussion- the mud is sending me information which does not cause my character to react.  Then I issue an alias 'x'.

This is 100% why any policing of this is dumb.  If the problem is botting, enforce against witnessed botting.  If the trouble is clients, ban clients.  If the rule is "don't do stuff we decide we don't like" make that clear instead of inventing other "rules" which don't provide any kind of safe harbor.

el conquistador

• Zoner
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2021, 11:40:59 PM »
Sorry.. been away for a while.

This is all very funny to read. We are all grown adults at this point and you are getting your butts spanked for being smart on a game...

The most fun I ever had on Arctic was writing scripts to auto run zones (could do dozens of zones and ranks on an auto rotation).. so much work and so many hours. I don't think that aspect of my game play ever negatively impacted any other players.

SArT

your bots autorunning zones definitely negatively impacted dozens of players as you were resetting ranks to .01

anticorruption

Why do players say goodbye to Arctic?
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2021, 01:05:58 AM »
so the previous post was closed to reply, obvious
look subject to find that.
So any old players do know how this game goes.
1) some players who know administration staff got game info and they do anything they want enjoying this game. no new players welcomed.
2) admin staff deleting posts of tru from this forum
3) admin staff has their own opinion. your opinion is definitely wrong and has to be deleted
4) if youre still playing this game then you accept rules above or you quit. your voice is nothing.

Malthros

• Fodder
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2021, 02:56:06 PM »
Reading this after a while, I'm surprised nobody discussed using a list and an alias:

#ACTION {disarms your weapon} {#showme DISARMED - PLEASE ENTER x; dolistadd get $weapon \r wield $weapon}
#ACTION {^Your casting is disrupted by the fighting!$} {#showme DISRUPTED - PLEASE ENTER x; dolistadd #send !}
#ALIAS {dolistadd} {#list {dolist} {insert} {1} {%0}}
#ALIAS {x} {$dolist[1]; #list {dolist} {delete} {1}}

Seems perfectly legal in view of this discussion- the mud is sending me information which does not cause my character to react.  Then I issue an alias 'x'.

This is 100% why any policing of this is dumb.  If the problem is botting, enforce against witnessed botting.  If the trouble is clients, ban clients.  If the rule is "don't do stuff we decide we don't like" make that clear instead of inventing other "rules" which don't provide any kind of safe harbor.

I have this sort of setup for multiple functions.  Triggers that auto-set variables and you need to hit a button to make X or Y actually happen.  I think I've used a "get @prime;wield @prime" alias since college.