Author Topic: patch notes  (Read 628 times)

el conquistador

• Zoner
patch notes
« on: December 31, 2020, 06:19:31 AM »
amazing job and thanks to all of the staff for the HUGE game upgrade this wipe.

all of the changes sound great to me but im especially excited by the new items.  i really like the idea of luck based/random item stats and i cant wait to find some!

this is going to be the best wipe of all time!

Kir

• Zoner
Re: patch notes
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 09:20:00 AM »
I could not agree more. It’s very impressive what the staff has done in so little time. Most of us players are truly grateful for the time that they have put in. They seem to only want to make the game more enjoyable for the player base which is absolutely awesome. Blows my mind how excited I am to rush a pwipe in a game I started playing in 1995. Bravo!

Nasredin

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 12:55:50 PM »
Great news!

Any chance to send it to the playerbase as a newsletter? Many retired players log on just once in a few months or even years and may miss the wipe announcement.

As to me, I will, as usual, post the news to the main russian dragonlance/MUD forums:
www.mudconnector.su
and
www.dragonlance.ru

If anyone else is going to spread the word, please make a post here. Believe it or not, but we still have new players regularly, I grouped with some of them this wipe - so attracting the attention of the potential recruits still makes sense.

And don't forget to vote for Arctic on TMS!
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-just.html

Even though voting takes just a few seconds, I perfectly understand that it quickly becomes boring. However, the beginning of the wipe is the best time to use every possible means to attract the new players.

I voted regularly this year and noticed that - according to the number of votes we had - there were probably 2-3 other persons voting there regularly. Arctic was usually #40-50 in the list, but went down to #50-60 when I was on vacation. With 20-30 players voting regularly, we can keep our MUD on the top page of the list (#1-20). Just do it for a couple of weeks, while the MUD is bustling with activity - and YOU may finally get that assisting newbie slave to help you do the zones of YOUR choice!

Vote for arctic now!

P.S. Happy New year everyone!

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 03:26:00 PM »
Congrats to the Imm team for all the great changes and hard work!  Although you got the bazooka nerf gun out at my one true love of this game, still really looking forward to next wipe!  Great changes overall.

Patpat

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 04:02:26 PM »
Yes big thank yous to the current imms! Also big thank you to Kam! The last couple wipes have been some of the most fun I’ve had in a long time. You guys have really been breathing new life into the game over the last couple wipes!

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 06:35:35 PM »
looking forward to this.  much appreciated.