Author Topic: Wipe news please!  (Read 2049 times)

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Wipe news please!
« on: December 16, 2020, 12:17:14 PM »
How about some more details on the teasers you threw out there huh. Cmon 😉😉😉

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
Re: Wipe news please!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 01:01:48 PM »
Sounds like a pretty good Christmas present to me...

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 05:07:44 PM »
Or Hanukkah even! 12 days of news post about the wipe

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 05:39:03 PM »
this reminds me of the kids wanting to know what is in their christmas present and the parents saying that it should be a surprise.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 07:22:08 PM »
I promise i'll be good until Christmas if you give me just one present now!

Lloth

• God
  • Fodder
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 08:17:45 PM »
Ok, I wasn't supposed to say anything, but I can't keep you guys in suspense. Merry Christmas!

The Lost Mines of Lok'Tath have now opened their mines to players above level 20.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 05:06:03 PM by Lloth »

Dafin

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 06:07:24 AM »
I think imms won't give us any details till the game is closed. So we can't get prepared appropriately.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2020, 03:09:41 PM »
I'm sure they're working hard behind the scenes to finalise a bunch of cool stuff. Keep in mind they don't get paid for their time and they're working during the holiday season...

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2020, 04:43:23 PM »
I'm sure they're working hard behind the scenes to finalise a bunch of cool stuff. Keep in mind they don't get paid for their time and they're working during the holiday season...

which also reminds me of children pestering parents for info about the christmas presents

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2020, 05:33:05 PM »
Sturm Brightblade's heart filled with dread as night fell in the Celestial Temple, the gargoyles would prowl the corridors soon. He had earlier boasted to his friends that he could survive the night without assistance from them but as the light faded he began to doubt himself.  A gargoyle arrived suddenly and began attacking Sturm's fledgling dragon.  Before Sturm could rescue his faithful companion, another gargoyle arrived and sent Sturm sprawling to the ground. The first gargoyle turned its attention to Sturm as well while Sturm's dragon continued to ineffectively claw at the first gargoyle's stoney hide.  As Sturm struggled to regain his footing, he heard his faithful and healthy dragon utter a desperate prayer to Mishakal.  "Judicandus Gzfuajg" it kept repeating.  Sturm screamed in horror: "Stop it you fool! do not pray for healing when you have no wounds lest Mishakal not hear us when we have wounds".  The battle raged on and the gargoyles tore at Sturms flesh.  He begged his dragon to pray to Mishakal on his behalf but alas, the dragon had already prayed five times earlier in the battle.  Sturm considered getting a new dragon before succumbing to his wounds and crying out to Paladine "why do dragons pray to Mishakal even when they have no wounds to heal?!?"

He heard a gentle voice whisper "do not despair, we have heard your prayers my child".  Sturm hesitantly asked "does this mean you have taken steps to make sure my tragic fate does not befall my brethren who will take my place on the battlefield?".  He heard the gentle voice respond "we have heard your prayers, but you must learn patience, for even the gods need time to change the world.  Just as your dragon's premature requests for healing compromised the outcome of your battle, your requests for attention also compromise the Gods' ability grant your requests"
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 06:57:27 PM by Gnua »

Malthros

• Fodder
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 01:55:31 AM »
Ok, I wasn't supposed to say anything, but I can't keep you guys in suspense. Merry Christmas!

The Lost Mines of Lok'Tath have now opened their mines to players above level 20.

Lloth is lying.

They've been open to high level players for awhile now and I decayed all the loot I had from there so it's ripe for the taking.

Anista

• Administrator
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: The Abyss
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2020, 05:16:37 PM »

I actually forgot to mention this in the patch notes. Oops...