Author Topic: PvP or PvE Characters  (Read 112 times)

mikey

PvP or PvE Characters
« on: November 21, 2020, 08:11:40 PM »
There has been some discussion on other threads about how to revitalize PvP in Arctic.  Pkilling personally terrifies me, but I understand that some players find this to be the greatest part of the game. With that in mind...

I'd like to see a PvE or PvP flag on character creation!

PvE characters
Can't damage or be damaged by PvP characters
Can't pick up low limit gear

PvP characters
Don't need additional xp on reincarnation

Because of griefing, maybe zero pvp damage taken on a PvE character would be too low, but something to where kills would be hard but recalls could be forced.

*if this is too complex a simple test/solution would be to raise pvp damage back to 100 every other day (or every third day, or whatever) and see how it went.  This would make it so people who like pkilling could have it back and people who despised it could avoid it.

khuran10

Re: PvP or PvE Characters
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 03:38:33 AM »

There has been some discussion on other threads about how to revitalize PvP in Arctic.  Pkilling personally terrifies me, but I understand that some players find this to be the greatest part of the game. With that in mind...

I'd like to see a PvE or PvP flag on character creation!

PvE characters
Can't damage or be damaged by PvP characters
Can't pick up low limit gear

PvP characters
Don't need additional xp on reincarnation

Because of griefing, maybe zero pvp damage taken on a PvE character would be too low, but something to where kills would be hard but recalls could be forced.

*if this is too complex a simple test/solution would be to raise pvp damage back to 100 every other day (or every third day, or whatever) and see how it went.  This would make it so people who like pkilling could have it back and people who despised it could avoid it.

I would say if pve characters are in a zone with pvp characters, they can be killed. :P but, arctic will always be a pvp game. so just dont bother picking up limited pieces then!

mikey

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 09:32:55 PM »

I would say if pve characters are in a zone with pvp characters, they can be killed. :P but, arctic will always be a pvp game. so just dont bother picking up limited pieces then!

I feel like you missed my point, or perhaps I'm missing yours!  You feel like PvP on arctic is in a good spot right now and no changes are needed?

It seems to me that a portion of the players are looking for a way to restore the pvp aspect into arctic, and a portion are enjoying the current settings.  I was trying to figure out a way that both groups could be happy. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 09:43:16 PM by mikey »

jwhite

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 04:36:25 AM »
i have always wanted to see arctic go to two servers one with full pvp and the other pve only.  sort of the way warcraft does it.  but i expect if they did that then the pvp server would end up completely empty.

i think a pvp flag could be a good solution.  then the pvp players could kill everyone with pvp on without feeling bad.  because they literally signed up for it. 
i like the idea of having some kind of advantage for risking pvp too.  pvp characters could even start at reincarnation 6.  i wouldnt mind.  i would still pick pve.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:39:29 AM by jwhite »

Dafin

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 06:56:13 AM »
I played a mud vs pve/pvp flag for players. Everyone started as pve and then could switch to pvp. There was no way back. All the gear and spellbooks were separated to pve/pvp too. The advantages of pvp were the slightly better stats of pvp items and most spells were easier to pop for pvp. Though this was not always true for elite items and spells.
This mud still exists though it stagnates for years.