Author Topic: Needing a new hobby.  (Read 4838 times)

snax

Needing a new hobby.
« on: June 21, 2013, 10:42:08 PM »
Adding up playtime on my 4 favorite alts....
6 day(s), 8 hour(s) and 55 minute(s)
 3 day(s), 22 hour(s) and 51 minute(s).
4 day(s), 19 hour(s) and 8 minute(s).
2 day(s), 15 hour(s) and 6 minute(s)

18 days 13 hours....

and that's just my favorite chars.....
                                                                     .....sigh
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 10:43:49 PM by snax »

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
Re: Needing a new hobby.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 09:45:02 AM »

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 05:30:22 PM »
Replied to the wrong thread. :)

Yeah, I'm pondering coming back, but... *shrug* I don't know.  Hard to find people I enjoy playing with anymore, it seems.  Real life does has attractions.

Jason
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 05:42:03 PM by Hoodoo »

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:42:53 AM »
I have tried to keep this "world" as a time filler always, sometimes it can become so addictive that a friend might invite me out for a good night of boozin and croozin that i might actually tell him im busy... Thats not coo.
Much as i love all the folks ive met on this mud or about 95% of them, in reality unless this game is going to make you money or get you laid it should never overcome real life priorities. Not only for this game but for all games.
I will play arctic as long as it is running, never fully walk away unless a group of careless trolls decides theyd rather hunt me without cause than group with me each time i log.
I have enjoyed all my time spent in this alternate world learning and helping others learn. Its seen me through many rough times and good ones. It is as i said a good "time filler" but it should never be "all the time".
If you decide to entirely find a new hobby kaffe my old buddeh.. make sure to drop by and say hello now and then : )

But a new hobby yes. if you are the type to get 4 legendary chars, it is absolutely time to get a new hobby : ) cut it down to one and pick up an instrument, sexy lady or dude w.e your preference : p, or go work out or something, its unhealthy to invest that much time into anything.

Too much of ANYTHING, is too much.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 01:43:47 PM »
Does that include money and vagina's? Can you get laid to much? Or have to much money?

Dyl

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 10:55:08 PM »
Unfortunately you'll never know.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 11:04:31 AM »
unless this game is going to make you money or get you laid it should never overcome real life priorities. Not only for this game but for all games.

The coding skills I picked up building regexes for my triggers and parsing log files help me do my job at work. The money I make prevents certain problems from creating burdens on my marriage.

Although this game makes me money and gets me laid, the xp tables have simply destroyed my motivation to play. I think I'll come back when/if
1. the XP tables get reduced to the point where it is feasible to solo to 26 quickly
2. legal bots or better charmies (i.e. ones that can tank or heal) make it feasible to "solo" drac tower, ct, dko, raple dawn without support from a clan

In the mean time, I'll have to see how well my employment and marriage can get by without arctic.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:36:57 AM by gnua »

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 04:02:21 PM »
Unfortunately you'll never know.

No? Why don't you go ask your MOMMA!

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 10:43:07 PM »
actually too much pussy can tend to give you unsightly callouses, unfortunatly for most of you... there are matching ones on your palms.
and too much money for me would likely lead to an overdose. : p