ArcticMUD > General Discussion

Older player considering adjusting to multi

(1/4) > >>

Regulus:
Honestly I am looking for a little guidance.  I have played solo champs my entire time on Arctic.  The advantages are clear to using two characters, but I am the only person who hasn't actually taken the time to familiarize themselves with their client to be able to do so?  I am not looking for someone to just /tell/ me, I am curious if anyone does have a recommended resource or tips to start moving in the direction of learning how to control two characters simultaneously.

gulca:
Step 1.

Grow another pair of hands.

Jokes aside. You need to tell us how are you connected and what system you are on. Im sure people will glad to share their setup with you.

el conquistador:
i think class selection is important. 

i do okay at it by just using one character pretty actively and the 2nd character will be something really simple.  like a warrior is perfect. 

so i will just have 'assist;bash;stand' pretyped on the warriors jmc.  i can just play my first character normally and then every now and then push alt+tab to switch to the warriors window and press enter then alt+tab back.

it just becomes reflex after a little while.  i barely notice i am doing it sometimes and it is pretty strong

Regulus:

--- Quote from: gulca on November 13, 2020, 10:13:49 PM ---Step 1.

Grow another pair of hands.

Jokes aside. You need to tell us how are you connected and what system you are on. Im sure people will glad to share their setup with you.

--- End quote ---

Hey bud!  Thanks man, much appreciated. 

I've used CMUD in the past but have come to prefer my OG mushclient and it's simplicity. 

I have not really invested the time in doing much other than setting up simple aliases.  Currently I am leveling up a thief/dk thinking the combination of strong solo potential & darkness + stabber could be a lot of fun.

I'd just like the ability to synergize these two as much as possible.

Regulus:

--- Quote from: el conquistador on November 13, 2020, 11:46:48 PM ---i think class selection is important. 

i do okay at it by just using one character pretty actively and the 2nd character will be something really simple.  like a warrior is perfect. 

so i will just have 'assist;bash;stand' pretyped on the warriors jmc.  i can just play my first character normally and then every now and then push alt+tab to switch to the warriors window and press enter then alt+tab back.

it just becomes reflex after a little while.  i barely notice i am doing it sometimes and it is pretty strong

--- End quote ---

Bet bet.  Alt tab is simple and clean, thanks!  Going to keep working on some aliases to keep it simple.

Ive seen someone use methods that trigger their secondary character to do actions, working on that as well.  Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version