Poll

Has this thread been hijacked by nonsense?

Yes
1 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Yes, option 2 was really just to throw in a little extra
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Game ideas  (Read 4298 times)

oom and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

el conquistador

• Zoner
Re: Game ideas
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2020, 01:38:50 AM »
Quote from: Anista link=topic=2515.msg15021#msg15021 date=1603561122

Well good, you can always be happy. There is [u
always[/u] something in the works!

I can confirm there are quite a few good improvements for next wipe, but we will not be presenting any details or [more] early hints until we're ready to reveal upcoming changes in the next month or two. I am sure some of our reveals will make you smile.

great to hear!  cant wait to see whats coming next  :D

corey

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2020, 01:30:09 PM »
- We are currently and constantly working on bringing new and exciting content to the game. This takes a lot of time.
- We are always looking at improving upon prior systems, while being careful not to approach issues with an over-reaction. Think "sheafs".
- There is a current plan in place to address a host of gear issues. It is quite comprehensive and so I must caution against getting our hopes too high, but if completed it would preserve the spirit of competing for unique gear as well as appealing to hardcore/casual players alike.
- We are working on removing some of the guesswork from some of the game mechanics for players.

sounds promising.  thanks for the info.  it always makes me happy to know things are being worked on behind teh scenes in this game

Well good, you can always be happy. There is always something in the works!

I can confirm there are quite a few good improvements for next wipe, but we will not be presenting any details or [more] early hints until we're ready to reveal upcoming changes in the next month or two. I am sure some of our reveals will make you smile.

What they're keeping secret is the bad improvements!!

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2020, 04:27:57 AM »
So, what I got out of this entire thread is that it is pwiping on Nov 3rd.

Dafin

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2020, 05:42:30 PM »
Given that nobody PK's would imply that it is broken...There are plenty of people that would LOVE to pk if there was a better system in place.
Why can't people who love pk arrange fights and battle till first blood/first rip/etc?

el conquistador

• Zoner
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2020, 06:35:41 PM »
Why can't people who love pk arrange fights and battle till first blood/first rip/etc?

they could!  kind of like a fight club

but i dont think thats the kind of pvp people like in this game.  there is a great feeling of power in ambushing someone and destroying them before they can fight back and taking all of their stuff that they worked so hard for. 

then you do it to them again.  and again.  if they make an alt to try to escape you, you figure out what it is and start killing that.  if you guessed wrong who cares its just another person to dominate for your pleasure.  and the more they whine and cry the better it feels.  if they quit the game that is the peak.  then you have achieved true victory.  thats the arctic pvp that people love.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2020, 10:01:45 PM »
@el Conquistador - nope, it's not.  Good try though.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2020, 02:01:08 AM »
Kind of nailed it lol. Hah

Dafin

« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2020, 06:22:38 PM »
@el Conquistador - nope, it's not.  Good try though.
Very convincing:)

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2020, 04:24:00 PM »

they could!  kind of like a fight club

but i dont think thats the kind of pvp people like in this game.  there is a great feeling of power in ambushing someone and destroying them before they can fight back and taking all of their stuff that they worked so hard for. 

then you do it to them again.  and again.  if they make an alt to try to escape you, you figure out what it is and start killing that.  if you guessed wrong who cares its just another person to dominate for your pleasure.  and the more they whine and cry the better it feels.  if they quit the game that is the peak.  then you have achieved true victory.  thats the arctic pvp that people love.

I love this, but I know arctic is full of bitches now days. So, why not make it so that if you die to pvp you only loose a certain percentage of your equipment on death? This makes dying in pvp less of an issue and still gives the pker some reward. Then just keep it so only time you really lose all your equipment on death is when you die to a mob..

wezlar

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2020, 08:11:23 PM »
It really has nothing to do with being "bitches". Losing a portion of your gear is still complete shit, and the real downside to PK is just never being able to play the game because evils are online. I can't speak for other clans but Brogs are all adults in our mid 30s with jobs and wives and children and friends outside the game. We schedule our time a couple nights a week to play with each other because we grew up playing this game and it's a fun way to connect. If PK comes back and we have to worry about whether or not we can play during the times we want to play, we'll just quit and find something else to do with our time.

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2020, 08:25:29 PM »
Funny you say that... Because that's exactly what a bitch would say.

Lol. I kid I kid.

xellos

• Zoner
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2020, 06:24:44 PM »
Next wipe its world war z, and ya are the zombies.  We getting the band back together and we will remember all the shit people pulled when our core quit.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2020, 06:53:24 PM »
It really has nothing to do with being "bitches". Losing a portion of your gear is still complete shit, and the real downside to PK is just never being able to play the game because evils are online. I can't speak for other clans but Brogs are all adults in our mid 30s with jobs and wives and children and friends outside the game. We schedule our time a couple nights a week to play with each other because we grew up playing this game and it's a fun way to connect. If PK comes back and we have to worry about whether or not we can play during the times we want to play, we'll just quit and find something else to do with our time.

Lol do you think you are the only clan with members who have wives\children\jobs? That's basically everybody who plays the game in 2020. The only difference is, the rest dont cower to the idea of pk and threaten to quit. Pk is at the very nature of arctic. If you die to pk, you man up and go kill who killed you and get your gear back. Its really not difficult and it makes the game much more enjoyable and fun. Being hunted by half the mud is the best way of playing.

Arctic is based around pk. Limit one items are powerful, so powerful that they change the course of the game. Without being able to pk people with limit 1 items it turns into whoever was lucky enough to run the zone and landed the correct RNG to load the item first. Thats so lame. Secondly, without pvp, you have the scenarios in which trolls can just follow around your group and screw up zones, either ruining the zone by doing an incorrect keyword, fooming a chest that requires disable, etc etc. Thats not the kind of game I want to play in which loser no-lifers can make playing the game miserable without repercussions.

Also lets not act like losing your gearset is a big deal. I've discussed this in pervious posts but I cant count how many times i've died late at night and said bapt it and went to bed. Next day log on, pop a 4d4 prime, enchant it, pop a set and you are back in business able to do high end zoning. Legend, medals, and ranks make getting pked a non-issue. Hell, there is a theros quest to get a 2d8 2 2 prime. Thats 18 dam prime, insane. Nobody should be crying about pvp. Id rather be on the losing end of a pvp war that lasts a pwipe then the winners of a wipe where there was no pvp.

Shimopy

« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2020, 09:45:05 PM »
Wezlar stated he was only speaking about one clan, not the entire base. Kir, you're making generalizations about how the base feels about pk, and about Arctic being based on pk, which it isn't. In fact, Arctic's website says pk isn't necessarily encouraged, only allowed. Sure, pk used to be a lot more popular, but it definitely isn't today.

The issue is not losing gear. It's that casual players can't "man up and fight back" if the people hunting them are always on in larger numbers with more powerful equipment. This results in casual players quitting, then hardcore players quitting because there's no one left to kill.

I have never seen a situation where trolls intentionally ruin zones for others. If this became a problem, I'm sure immortals would intervene.

wezlar

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2020, 10:10:01 PM »
Lol do you think you are the only clan with members who have wives\children\jobs? That's basically everybody who plays the game in 2020. The only difference is, the rest dont cower to the idea of pk and threaten to quit.

Like you said, we're all adults with lives. We have different amounts of time we are willing to dedicate to this game. No one is cowering or afraid. I'm not a dargonesti warrior and you're not a silvanesti mage. We just disagree on how the reintroduction of a game mechanic would effect our enjoyment of the game.