Author Topic: reincarnation is great  (Read 264 times)

jwhite

reincarnation is great
« on: September 01, 2020, 09:04:34 PM »
i have never played this much in a wipe before.  and after 5 months and over 15 days of playtime i have finally finished my character at 6 reincarnates and rank 44.

reincarnate is amazing for a player like me because my favorite thing about arctic is making progress on my character.  building him up through 6 reincarnates still felt like i was making good progress almost the entire time.

especially the last one felt great when i could spend all my ranks.  its so fun leveling up with all those rank powers and full equipment.

the only sad part is when it is over.  now when i log on my character i dont know what to do with him.  i dont really care about equipment much and ranks come in too slowly to feel like real progress.  exploring feels so tedious and seems to always end with me getting stuck on a keyword or just not able to figure out what to do next.   so i guess i might just be done.

but for me it has been the greatest wipe i have ever played.  so thanks very much to adepali and kam and whoever else worked to put reincarnation into the game.  also the playerbase and even retired players have been extremely friendly and helpful to me this wipe so thanks to the players too  :D

*edit - nevermind im going to make a new character and start all over again.  i love this game!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 11:57:24 PM by jwhite »

Dafin

Re: reincarnation is great
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 06:07:44 AM »
What class/race have you reincarnated 6 times?

Dagda

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 08:47:27 AM »
i have never played this much in a wipe before.  and after 5 months and over 15 days of playtime i have finally finished my character at 6 reincarnates and rank 44.

reincarnate is amazing for a player like me because my favorite thing about arctic is making progress on my character.  building him up through 6 reincarnates still felt like i was making good progress almost the entire time.

especially the last one felt great when i could spend all my ranks.  its so fun leveling up with all those rank powers and full equipment.

the only sad part is when it is over.  now when i log on my character i dont know what to do with him.  i dont really care about equipment much and ranks come in too slowly to feel like real progress.  exploring feels so tedious and seems to always end with me getting stuck on a keyword or just not able to figure out what to do next.   so i guess i might just be done.

but for me it has been the greatest wipe i have ever played.  so thanks very much to adepali and kam and whoever else worked to put reincarnation into the game.  also the playerbase and even retired players have been extremely friendly and helpful to me this wipe so thanks to the players too  :D

*edit - nevermind im going to make a new character and start all over again.  i love this game!

That's the spirit! I'm about to get my barb to reinc 6 finally and I have another 9 characters to do it on. Equipment is transitory, building up a character is the fun part!

jwhite

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 07:30:30 AM »
What class/race have you reincarnated 6 times?

dargonesti barb.  working on a thief now!

if my math is right i have averaged 2.4 hours everyday for 5 months.  and its still fun!

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 07:54:46 AM »
Damn dude, that's dedication.

God forbid you ever decide your next goal is world domination, we might just all be bapted.

Heo

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 10:05:18 AM »
Good luck with the thief.

As someone who doesn't care too much about EQ, my fun came from maxxing out ranks with thief and then soloing a bunch of stuff that back in the day I'd die to with a full group.  Lots of stuff to play with there.

http://mud.arctic.org/forums/index.php/topic,2498.0.html