Author Topic: Higher character allowance?  (Read 1317 times)

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Re: Higher character allowance?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2020, 11:10:49 AM »
Nah. Blatantly betting is against the rules. Ypu can have an alias that makes everyone assist and you already have everyone looting coins and things like that with triggers.

jwhite

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2020, 02:18:48 PM »
ah nice!  well yeah lets play 4 chars then haha

Malthros

• Fodder
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2020, 04:47:31 AM »
would playing 4 characters even be possible?  i was told using triggers to do any skill or spell is against the rules

It would be possible if you set up a MUD client properly and build a *lot* of macros and structured output windows.  In cMUD you can input commands in one window and have them execute in another.  So if you tank+heal instead of swapping between the two, you setup rescue hotkeys in your healer profile that execute in the tank window.  Then you're tanking and healing on the same input line, no bots or triggers necessary.  Toss in a couple other macros for your 3rd and 4th characters (if imms allowed quaboxxing), though if either/both are casters it's going to potentially get a lot more complex than if the additional characters are a basher and scout.  Then you'd build output windows (or a single window) for everyone's HP+status (standing/resting/sleeping/sitting/etc) so that you can watch their condition like you would the party UI in an MMO.  I'm sure people who actually know how to code could setup something better than what I'm describing as well (whether in cMUD, tintin, MUSHclient, or whatever).

It'd take a lot of work to set up but it'd definitely be possible run a full 8 man party without breaking the rules w/r/t bots and automated input (excluding the QoL stuff that's allowed, like autocoins and eat/drink).  Though as soon as something goes wrong in a big fight I imagine things will spiral out of control and you'll wipe when a group of 4-8 people might've recovered.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2020, 07:17:48 PM »
Corey already has so much gear maxxed out, my major concern about people playing more characters is that there would be even less gear available.

Lloth

• Guardian
  • Fodder
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2020, 10:29:48 PM »
There comes a point where you just have so much gear that you just need to play more than the 2 allowed. Personally, I hard having extra gear because I can't stand repopping it. He sure is resilient, I'll give him that.

Dafin

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2020, 12:51:44 PM »
Does one usually have to repop each piece of gear in a new place? Maybe it's easier to repop particular zone gear for 4 different classes at once, than to run for difference pieces for one character/class.