Author Topic: Higher character allowance?  (Read 1276 times)

corey

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
Higher character allowance?
« on: July 17, 2020, 07:40:39 PM »
Hey everyone,

I don't think we're at that point quite yet, but it's becoming more noticeable that people are taking breaks, whether permanent or short term. Is the limit of two online characters per person being reconsidered as the number of players go down?

Myself, I would love to play 4.

Rhys

Re: Higher character allowance?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 01:02:43 AM »
I couldn't agree more. Logged on twice this week, saw 2 people playing and logged off. 4 would be fun.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 04:00:42 PM »
That would mean I would have to reincarnate 2 more chars up? God no!

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 05:55:36 AM »
I have always thought that multi-ing should be allowed during the summer, then back to limit 2 after labor day weekend. Total player hours always drop pretty hard in June/July/August.

Caine

• Favorite Zone: Isle of Shadows
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 06:42:53 PM »
I'm on the other side about this, and I don't want to see any increases to the character limit.

Is there some shared reason you all feel like you need to be able to play so many characters at once? The sheer power increase from being able to play 2 characters rather than one was already substantial, and I don't believe I'm overstepping when I say that a very high percentage of the content in the game can already be done with two characters.

I also like the fact that you are still required (for the most part) to group in order to slay elite tier fights. I am very much against having the upper echelon of fights being able to be done solo by some guy with an 8-man bot squad and advanced scripts.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 06:58:14 PM by Caine »

corey

• Zone Leader
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 07:15:38 PM »
I'm on the other side about this, and I don't want to see any increases to the character limit.

Is there some shared reason you all feel like you need to be able to play so many characters at once? The sheer power increase from being able to play 2 characters rather than one was already substantial, and I don't believe I'm overstepping when I say that a very high percentage of the content in the game can already be done with two characters.

I also like the fact that you are still required (for the most part) to group in order to slay elite tier fights. I am very much against having the upper echelon of fights being able to be done solo by some guy with an 8-man bot squad and advanced scripts.

Because it's harder to find people to do things. Unless you have an army at your back 24/7 like the good old days, that's not an option.

I can do a lot with two, but i also know my limits.

Here's my reason:
I want to be able to play when I want to play. The reason people quit playing? Boredom. I want to reduce my boredom by being able to explore elite zones more effectively. If people are quitting around me, I'm going to stop playing because I can't do things on my own.

Dagda

• Fodder
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 09:05:36 PM »
Who's quitting!?

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 12:57:06 AM »
Shout for groups? I'll take you for a ride if you want.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 08:15:35 PM »
Shout for groups? I'll take you for a ride if you want.

Reincarnation has fragmented the pool into even more ghettos that cannot zone effectively with each other.  That being said, I have no desire to play more than two at any time.  would something like a friend system "friendtell" and a "friend who" command help people from different clans group together more (especially after the point in the wipe when klint quits)?

corey

• Zone Leader
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2020, 03:20:19 PM »
Now CORE is gone too, likely others.

Leave double exp on? 4 character max?

Lloth

• Guardian
  • Fodder
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2020, 01:33:38 PM »
I don't think this is a very good idea. The strength of two 6x reincarnated legendary characters is so absurdly strong, I feel like exploring damn near all zones is possible with the right combination of characters.  Not that I'm doubting anyone's skill, but controlling four players can get exhausting, which leads to players looking for easier ways to do so. I believe this would eventually turn into botting and that's something the staff frowns upon greatly. 

George

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2020, 06:59:15 PM »
i dunno i guess i just dont understand what the big deal is anymore. the line for botting has been getting more and more blurred for a while now and i dont know of anyone who has quit the game over it. people are quitting out of boredom though and thats a real problem for the game. if you dont want to play more than 2... dont? the game is already hugely unbalanced in terms of player knowledge and skill and as has been said here a couple times a large majority of the game can be done on 2 characters. who cares if someone wants to use 8 instead? some people play at weird hours and honestly cant find groups. some people want to explore a zone and finding a group big enough to get in the door but patient enough to solve a zone is a nightmare. the only real issue with people playing more than 2 is limited eq. since there is no pk the competition for items is just annoying. unless your in one of the powerhouse groups you cant pk for an item because you either get killed right back by the friends or good samaritans who look to help. if you are in one of the powerhouse groups you cant pk for an item because thats being to mean and forcing away players which gets you deleted. the solution is simple and ive seen in on here a ton: remove item limits. remove the game breaking items like hastes and nobashes and dragonorbs if you want or leave THOSE items limited but, no one cares if there are 2 ancient green swords in the game or 10. it doesnt change anything for anyone since no one is competing.

corey

• Zone Leader
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2020, 07:20:09 PM »
I don't think this is a very good idea. The strength of two 6x reincarnated legendary characters is so absurdly strong, I feel like exploring damn near all zones is possible with the right combination of characters.  Not that I'm doubting anyone's skill, but controlling four players can get exhausting, which leads to players looking for easier ways to do so. I believe this would eventually turn into botting and that's something the staff frowns upon greatly.

It's nothing to to with the strength, but the speed. I explored all of Shadow among others alone, and could do the same for almost anywhere.

There are people I don't want to play with. There are people who don't want to play with me. Etc etc etc. That's not going to change as the playerbase dwindles. It's more of a hindrance bringing people than not, most of the time.

It's going to get to a point where I know that, for me, the game will end because the people I enjoy playing with aren't playing or available when I am. I'll likely just do it regardless and, if I'm stopped, I was going to stop anyway🤷

Dagda

• Fodder
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2020, 10:33:04 PM »

It's nothing to to with the strength, but the speed. I explored all of Shadow among others alone, and could do the same for almost anywhere.

There are people I don't want to play with. There are people who don't want to play with me. Etc etc etc. That's not going to change as the playerbase dwindles. It's more of a hindrance bringing people than not, most of the time.

It's going to get to a point where I know that, for me, the game will end because the people I enjoy playing with aren't playing or available when I am. I'll likely just do it regardless and, if I'm stopped, I was going to stop anyway🤷

Responded to the wrong item somehow. /signed on item limits and frankly /signed on increasing the characters allowed.

jwhite

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2020, 05:25:16 AM »
would playing 4 characters even be possible?  i was told using triggers to do any skill or spell is against the rules