Author Topic: Mid wipe gear load test?  (Read 762 times)

corey

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
Mid wipe gear load test?
« on: July 17, 2020, 07:34:09 PM »
With gear mattering less and less to do high end content, what if some randomness were added to shake things up?

Any or all:

* locate only works on no-limit and zone items
* items that decay have a minimum load timer added to them. It could be 24 hours, it could be 6 days before it starts loading again
* items have a slightly longer decay timer to compensate

Thoughts?

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
Re: Mid wipe gear load test?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 04:19:33 PM »
Yes gear is mattering less but what is kind of disheartening is when you do end game content and nothing is loading but a robe restricted book. End game content should always be loading something, put a few ok items unlimited 100% load on them.

Storage chars or people that stop playing for more then 5 days need to be zapped more aggressively even if you just zap their limited items and left the rest. Limits on a lot of mediocre items could be increased or made unlimited. I agree low limit items should be made no locate but I also think class sets should be locatable. Class set timers need to be doubled or tripled.

corey

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 07:14:38 PM »
Yes gear is mattering less but what is kind of disheartening is when you do end game content and nothing is loading but a robe restricted book. End game content should always be loading something, put a few ok items unlimited 100% load on them.

Storage chars or people that stop playing for more then 5 days need to be zapped more aggressively even if you just zap their limited items and left the rest. Limits on a lot of mediocre items could be increased or made unlimited. I agree low limit items should be made no locate but I also think class sets should be locatable. Class set timers need to be doubled or tripled.

What I posted should solve all of this.

However, I don't agree with a 3 day zap. If i want to take an actual real life and virtual vacation and go to the lake for a week, I'm bapted? :p

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 12:24:41 AM »
Well I did say 5 not 3, but make it whatever number you want, I just know there are alts that are never played with limit gear on them.

Dagda

• Fodder
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 05:19:06 AM »
Since PK isn't really a thing anymore, what's the point of limited items anyway? Just make them %load based on item quality and the difficulty of the fight.

Malthros

• Fodder
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 05:34:27 PM »
Ideally, all hard content should have secondary 100% drop items whenever their limited drops are maxed.  Killed Cyan and clanX already has all the elite drops?  You end up with some nolim gear that is still solid (because it's Cyan) and lasts awhile but is still significantly worse than the real drops.  Think class sets, but it's guaranteed to at least have some stats that could make it useful in its own right.  The risk is that maybe you end up with some group farming that gear to have "class sets +1" or whatever but that seems unlikely.

This would take a lot of work though and imms' bandwidth is, sadly, not nolim.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 08:26:03 PM »
Ideally, all hard content should have secondary 100% drop items whenever their limited drops are maxed.  Killed Cyan and clanX already has all the elite drops?  You end up with some nolim gear that is still solid (because it's Cyan) and lasts awhile but is still significantly worse than the real drops.

Are you thinking of  stuff like autoflies, nocharms, npp, worn lights, imm disarm on top tier mobs?

Dagda

• Fodder
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 10:02:50 PM »
Yes? 1 always load random stat item on cyan and other mobs seems like a good compromise for going through the shit to kill him and getting no gear. Hell 2 would be better.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 04:03:23 AM »
Cyan having nolimit items created when items are maxed would be particularly easy due to the involvement of the blacksmith. Some imp could easily do a spec that basically runs like "if real item load fails, load an OK nolimit item in its place"... if they wanted to.

The only issue with this is it further advantages the gigantic clans who kill Cyan and disadvantages other playing groups who can't access that mob due to the difficulty.

I get the point that it's lame to kill a big green dragon and get nothing for your time / risk investment, but its a hard issue to resolve in an equitable way.

One small fix to help recirculate equipment would be to stop people from fooming the items. It's fairly common practice for people to clear silvanesti, kill cyan, see which body parts load and then destroy old items which match body parts (particularly limit 1 items) then instant-repop by turning in the parts. Not sure how you would approach fixing this though.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2020, 12:37:40 AM »
I've said this before, but i think major end-game fights should load a "clan limited item" to incentive clans to do end-game fights and know there is a nice shiny prize waiting for them (even though other clans may have beaten them to the punch for loading other limited pieces). 

This could be easily regulated by the immortals as these situations would not happen very often.  To avoid abuse, you'd put a minimum CRP for the clan to become eligible for the limited clan item piece.  Set it at 5-10k CRP, for example.

Fights such as Sleet, Cyan, Shoal, etc. would have this type of situation.  The clan would be able to obtain 1-2 clan limited items from each fight.  Decay timer set at 4 weeks.   If each clan did Cyan, for example, each clan would have Item X because it is a limit per clan.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2020, 07:14:55 PM »
I've said this before, but i think major end-game fights should load a "clan limited item" to incentive clans to do end-game fights and know there is a nice shiny prize waiting for them (even though other clans may have beaten them to the punch for loading other limited pieces). 

This could be easily regulated by the immortals as these situations would not happen very often.  To avoid abuse, you'd put a minimum CRP for the clan to become eligible for the limited clan item piece.  Set it at 5-10k CRP, for example.

Fights such as Sleet, Cyan, Shoal, etc. would have this type of situation.  The clan would be able to obtain 1-2 clan limited items from each fight.  Decay timer set at 4 weeks.   If each clan did Cyan, for example, each clan would have Item X because it is a limit per clan.

This is starting to sound like a "clan medal" that could go the clan vault when the character with the medal rents.

Dagda

• Fodder
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2020, 12:16:10 AM »
Cyan having nolimit items created when items are maxed would be particularly easy due to the involvement of the blacksmith. Some imp could easily do a spec that basically runs like "if real item load fails, load an OK nolimit item in its place"... if they wanted to.

The only issue with this is it further advantages the gigantic clans who kill Cyan and disadvantages other playing groups who can't access that mob due to the difficulty.

I get the point that it's lame to kill a big green dragon and get nothing for your time / risk investment, but its a hard issue to resolve in an equitable way.

One small fix to help recirculate equipment would be to stop people from fooming the items. It's fairly common practice for people to clear silvanesti, kill cyan, see which body parts load and then destroy old items which match body parts (particularly limit 1 items) then instant-repop by turning in the parts. Not sure how you would approach fixing this though.

I know a lot of people do this, but it sounds a bit like abuse of game mechanics...