Author Topic: Sky scouts  (Read 1880 times)

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
Re: Sky scouts
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2020, 01:28:04 PM »
Nah. Not even close for duo warrior. 2x mages would have a way better shot at it. Even duo skys

warrior + cleric can probably do a lot more than sky + anything.  skies and mages are two things that cannot form half of an effective duo.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2020, 07:39:49 PM »
Thats my whole point... why does everything have to be made to compete with all the other things? Sky is single handedly the best dps in the game. Nothing else even comes close. So why should it also play the part of a miniature healer? 

corey

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2020, 09:54:27 PM »
Thats my whole point... why does everything have to be made to compete with all the other things? Sky is single handedly the best dps in the game. Nothing else even comes close. So why should it also play the part of a miniature healer?

Clerics are better

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2020, 06:35:16 AM »
Sky is single handedly the best dps in the game.

On any fight harder than frostbyte, skies are completely useless because the mob has some sort of engaging special that ignores evade or is noshoot or is stoneskin.  their usefulness in duo and endgame is highly limited.  but yes, they do shine in their niche.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2020, 06:40:37 AM »
Clerics are better with animate to single target i suppose, but not overall. A sky in awesome eq hitting single target 6x per round while hitting 4 or 5 other things at the same time and bursting for another 5 hits or so plus weapon specs, while being nobash and able to improve group dps for a short time... hands down the best.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2020, 06:42:07 AM »
idk. I've had several legend skies and yeah some shit would engage me but unless the mob was noshoot like lord in sanction then it wasn't a huge deal

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2020, 12:14:15 PM »
Not all classes are created equally.  Sure, give Sky's a 200 hp cure every 3 ticks.  Don't care about that.  They 6x oblit whenever they want at legend.  Some classes are great for the 2 man setup, others more for solo, others for 8 mans.  Stop talking about nerfing classes.  That is not what we need in this game. 

Patpat

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2020, 12:46:36 PM »
Stop talking about nerfing classes.  That is not what we need in this game.

^
Building strong chars that can duo dragons and explore highish level stuff is fun and keeps me logging in every day. I don’t really care that other classes are more OP or OP in dif ways as long as they aren’t ruining my zones or pking me I don’t care. Actually my only complaint about the game is that too many people are still playing this far into the wipe and I can’t load the eq I want to yet which is probably a pretty good complaint I guess.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2020, 10:25:02 AM »
I think the problem with skies is that they are inferior to druids in every conceivable way. letting them cure a tank would definitely help with the duoing. skies would still be inferior to druid in every way even with the buff though.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 08:36:40 PM by Gnua »

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2020, 10:51:50 PM »
You need to build a 2 man combo that can attain your goals for the game. If you are playing a sky scout, you are probably planning on doing group zoning, not 2-manning. If you want to 2 man then tank/healer is your best option.

That said, I love playing thief/paladin, but that's cuz i'm lazy and guard lets me stab and auto rescue, then use fade as damage amelioration. Paired with dragon cures I can do a lot of game content, but that combo is really built to speed through mid-high zones.

Think about what you enjoy doing, then design the perfect pair to do those things: that's what makes Arctic fun!

Dagda

• Fodder
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2020, 04:58:12 AM »
Barb/sky seems to work well for two manning for me.  But it required 16 ranks on barb and 100k coins :p

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2020, 01:08:22 PM »
If you are playing a sky scout, you are probably planning on doing group zoning, not 2-manning.

Even in a group, a druid is always preferable to a sky scout.  The sky scout currently has no niche.

Dagda

• Fodder
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2020, 03:01:12 PM »
I don't understand this comparison. They aren't the same at all. Sure, you aren't going to bring a sky to a big mob that areas, but if you are doing a fight with lots of hard hitting mobs, I've not seen anything take them down quicker than a sky.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2020, 11:01:48 AM »
I agree. Not everything should be able to do the same things. Why not just have 1 class only that does everything. Skys do not need to cure. Play a class that cures. Plain and simple. Or play your sky and a barb or paladin and stick to mid to high zone content.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2020, 11:40:20 AM »
I don't understand this comparison. They aren't the same at all. Sure, you aren't going to bring a sky to a big mob that areas, but if you are doing a fight with lots of hard hitting mobs, I've not seen anything take them down quicker than a sky.

druid does more damage than a sky