Author Topic: Skill timer  (Read 264 times)

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Skill timer
« on: June 13, 2020, 05:32:15 AM »
Wondering if we can take a look at skill timers again. If you think its a must have then could we add some type of timer? Like something that shows up in your score? I am finding that after grinding just 3 reincarnates and skilling after... It's so much. So much grind. Sure skills level up a bit faster after you do it once, but you still get hit with the big bapt YOU timer at like vgood.

Lloth

• Guardian
Re: Skill timer
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 12:16:05 PM »
While I 100% disagree with the skill timers(I don't think they should be a thing, but I think there has to be some kind of timelock to them) I do agree that there should be some type of indicator on when a skill is 'ready' to get an enlighten past (very good). It's too much of a hassle to try and track when you got an enlighten on a certain skill and when you can actually train on that again when multiple skills are being trained at any given time.

I would be totally fine with "You feel that you are ready to train bash again" "After some rest, your skill in meditate is ready to train" or something similar to that.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 02:11:36 PM »
While I 100% disagree with the skill timers(I don't think they should be a thing, but I think there has to be some kind of timelock to them) I do agree that there should be some type of indicator on when a skill is 'ready' to get an enlighten past (very good). It's too much of a hassle to try and track when you got an enlighten on a certain skill and when you can actually train on that again when multiple skills are being trained at any given time.

I would be totally fine with "You feel that you are ready to train bash again" "After some rest, your skill in meditate is ready to train" or something similar to that.

It is my understanding that the cooldown works by a "penalty" that slowly goes away over time. So if the message shows up when the penalty disappears, it is possible someone could train before they receive the message.  If this happened, it might create confusion.

as far as i can tell the "cooldown at verygood" doesnt get mitigated noticeably by having trained the skill before reincarnation.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 02:13:15 PM by Gnua »

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 09:46:39 AM »
Would these "skill timer issues" still be important if they werent required for legendary?  On the reincarnates where I do not plan to legend, I just happily ignore skills.  One of my favorite parts of reincarnation...  there is no reason to dedicate time specifically for skilling.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 10:01:44 AM by Gnua »