Author Topic: Reset password link doesn't work  (Read 612 times)

RealPaladine

• Favorite Zone: God zone / My custom room
Reset password link doesn't work
« on: February 27, 2020, 04:48:14 PM »
Greetings,

Well it's been a few years and I was dropping by to say Hello, but can't seem to get into my account ("paladine")
I thought I might have remembered the password but either it was changed or my memory is getting bad (which wouldn't surprise me in the least)
Resetting the password by name or e-mail address doesn't work (I can't register a new account with that e-mail so I know it's in use somewhere at least).

In any case, always so happy to see the game still running.  I was reminiscing with my girlfriend about internet prior to commercialization and how I got this beast started back in the day..  man it was hard programming over a slow modem telnet connection.  And now we have such great coding tools and virtual machines.. it's a brave new world.

Good luck with your wipe!  It was always exciting to do..  the mixed emotions of the players and swapping in new code.  Exciting!  I remember implementing a new magic system - hacking out the old DikuMUD mana-based system to a new memorized-spell system.  That one was a toughie for me.

Hope to hear from you and take care
- Jason Fetterly (Paladine)

el conquistador

• Zoner
Re: Reset password link doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 12:08:05 AM »
the staff could use a new-old programmer i bet  :D

RealPaladine

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 08:26:16 AM »
It would certainly be really neat to work on again.  I wonder what the code looks like nowadays.
I haven't even entered the game yet, that will be a trip when they reopen it.

Lloth

• Guardian
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 08:35:38 AM »
Welcome back!

It's people like you who took the time to unravel the mystery of what a MUD is and alter it to what we have today! Get that dang account figured out and hop back in to check out all the neat changes tomorrow!

RealPaladine

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 12:03:56 PM »
Thanks, and yes I hope to see you tomorrow!