Author Topic: New Class  (Read 2014 times)

Jorake

• Zone Leader
New Class
« on: February 03, 2020, 06:36:17 AM »
I havent played in a few months. Seems like each wipe I "take breaks" more often and for longer stretches. One of the things I was thinking about that got me stoked to play. New classes. the templar first and then scouts and then shamans. They became some of my favorite classes.
Is there any talk of making a new class? Is this something the current staff wouldn't be able to code?

Double exp and all that is nice as well as reincarnate. But some new blood in the game I think would help even more than that?

Thoughts?

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Re: New Class
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 08:00:24 PM »
Judging by the thundering sound of agreement. I'll take it as a no. Lol

Attai

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 02:47:52 AM »
Bring back rangers

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 04:07:50 AM »
Bring back rangers

assassins please.   and old school bashing paladins please.

Anista

• Administrator
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: The Abyss
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 07:08:43 AM »
Bring back rangers

assassins please.   and old school bashing paladins please.
This is what I heard:
Remove scouts & restore rangers.  Re-enable a powerful PK guild, the assassin... Remove 'templars' & restore OG paladins. 

Since we'd be restoring three guilds known for strong PK in the 90's, it leads me to believe we should roll the codebase back to then.  Anyone else onboard with 100% PK damage, gear squash, zone deletions, some wild randoming, and no world gear merchant?  (Or at least 100% PK damage?)

P.S.  Assassin mobs still lurk in the shadows.

Lloth

• Guardian
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 12:26:58 PM »
"Since we'd be restoring three guilds known for strong PK in the 90's, it leads me to believe we should roll the codebase back to then.  Anyone else onboard with 100% PK damage, gear squash"

I'm all for ditching scouts(that seem so random and out of place in Krynn) and bringing rangers back as well as the gear squash! 

Rangers were a fun class that allowed players who wanted to be a warrior but also do other things besides only bash play something interesting. The gear squash would honestly be amazing as this game has gotten way out of hand with the gear that's available.

We're gonna party like it's 1999!

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 01:50:13 PM »
No no no. There are people who love all those classes. Sure bring back old paladin + ranger, i'm fine with that. But ADD something. Not taking something away. Add something new. Figure out how to do a bard or monk or like a conjurer. Just add some type of new thing that will 1. add some new spin to the game. 2.  will certainly bring people back to check it out. and 3. What other things have you to do on the game? Build another zone that the same boring classes run through?

Maybe its not a new class that we need? Perhaps its a quest system. Something outside of medal challenge that have you endlessly slay things. Idk. I just want to WANT to play the game again. And more often I open my client, connect, stare at the log in screen... then say bapt that. And go do some other shit. But I know i'm not the only one. Would just be refreshing to have some new content.

Maybe multiclassing? That could be interesting. Could make a requirement like... you have to reincarnate in order to reach this? Idk!

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 02:23:03 PM »
Since we'd be restoring three guilds known for strong PK in the 90's, it leads me to believe we should roll the codebase back to then.  Anyone else onboard with 100% PK damage, gear squash, zone deletions, some wild randoming, and no world gear merchant?  (Or at least 100% PK damage?)

P.S.  Assassin mobs still lurk in the shadows.

When a mob backstabs me then bashes me it reminds me that players could once do that.

As for rollback, does that include mobs/players being unable to target opponents or aoe while in the dark and/or blind?  And mobs resting in darkness?  Or pk wars erupting over zone stealing the xak heal quest?  a level 15 basher flooring a fully spelled 1xp mage until the mage lost its 100 hitpoints?  a level 15 mage with hasted ogre warrior charmies flooring a superb basher until the basher lost its 500 hitpoints?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 02:32:19 PM by Gnua »

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 05:02:32 PM »
We have some crazy ideas.

I'll let you know if they get anywhere viable.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 03:14:36 AM »
Clearly what we need are bards. There are not enough people singing! We need MORE SINGING!

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 04:52:51 AM »
No no no. There are people who love all those classes. Sure bring back old paladin + ranger, i'm fine with that. But ADD something. Not taking something away. Add something new. Figure out how to do a bard or monk or like a conjurer. Just add some type of new thing that will 1. add some new spin to the game. 2.  will certainly bring people back to check it out. and 3. What other things have you to do on the game? Build another zone that the same boring classes run through?

Maybe its not a new class that we need? Perhaps its a quest system. Something outside of medal challenge that have you endlessly slay things. Idk. I just want to WANT to play the game again. And more often I open my client, connect, stare at the log in screen... then say bapt that. And go do some other shit. But I know i'm not the only one. Would just be refreshing to have some new content.

Maybe multiclassing? That could be interesting. Could make a requirement like... you have to reincarnate in order to reach this? Idk!

Multi-classing < this would actually add an interesting twist to the game. Take the kid gloves off and give the players something that is truly gamechanging

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 05:22:11 PM »
Clearly what we need are bards. There are not enough people singing! We need MORE SINGING!

when bards use the sing social, everyone with the rescue skill will attempt to rescue them.

Malthros

• Fodder
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2020, 03:54:01 AM »

This but unironically.

Brad

• Fodder
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2020, 02:02:15 AM »
Bard lvl 1

Skills:
Cowbell(Awful)

"Help Skill Cowbell"

This skill applies a random haste affect for a short period of time, If used at higher levels, it can be used to motivate your group to fight harder.  But be careful! Some people don't truly appreciate your talent!  At lower skill levels, this could cause you to pull ALL aggro in a fight..from your own group mates as well as the enemies you face.

adepali

• Administrator
  • Fodder
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2020, 07:57:31 AM »