Author Topic: There needs to be no relocate eq.  (Read 5135 times)

Davy

• Fodder
There needs to be no relocate eq.
« on: July 09, 2013, 07:35:02 AM »
I avoid PK like I avoid cheap hookers with AIDS. Thus I play a non clanned player. However there will always be the element of PK in arctic which seems to revolve around mage bombs. Relocate is an awesome spell for playing a mage in groups but to curve the unfair poof and frag tactics I think there should be equipment that prevents a mage from relocating like there is no summon equipment.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
Re: There needs to be no relocate eq.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 01:57:36 PM »
Sick idea down with the magebombs! make them learn to hunt the ol fashion way!!

Loretta

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 07:05:34 PM »
Its not a problem to hunt old way - problem is ppl recall in 30 sec after you log usually. I would prefer to walk unstead of reloing but its too slow or requie some secondary character to sneak close to opponent.

Dyl

• Zoner
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »
Because why do 30 players want to idly sit waiting to see if they are the random you are going to puff to.  Glad you had some coins on your most recent corpse instead of the magi sets I kept taking from you.  No one has any second guesses.. either mumu is afk or it will tell between 5 and 30 mins.

Loretta

• Fodder
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 04:16:07 AM »
I dunno what sets are you talking about - i have like 3 pk death for whole wipe.

Loretta

• Fodder
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 04:43:14 AM »
Btw i guess guys you need not norelo but just no_pk equ. It will solve all problems.

sart

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 09:44:58 AM »
Yeah when I killed it.. it had shit eq.  You dont need much as a mage to get to 30 cl. 

Since it was spelled up by a team of bots.. it has everything it needs with pretty much shop eq to be a nuisance.

I see you dont poof to me without a friend anymore tho mumu (use your char name for those ignorant to who Loretta is).

Loretta

• Fodder
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 10:03:56 AM »
All mage spells in this game are basically solo/3-4 man pop. Its strange that i need to tell you such well known things. This bot group is just in your mind.

Joe

• Fodder
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 03:49:44 PM »
Poof killers leads to logging off which leads to people finding other things to do (Girls omg blush!) and leads to decreased population. some sort of astral distortion bangwhizzer a gnome invented woild be great. Ez to pop and penalties like a lucky bone would be great. Maybe limit a person to a no_reloc or a no_sum with a couple limit 1 of both sprinkled through the game.

Loretta

• Fodder
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 04:15:32 PM »
Man you should understand - this mud always was like this. It never was WoW. It never was safe place. It was always place where you can suddenly die just moving 1 room from inn. It was and still is alot of tricks that made your life protected in pk situation. If you have no idea how to use them it doesnt means they arnt exists. I dont know why you just dont move to some pk free mud - there are alot around. Or just have to live with pk, even one i provide to you.

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 06:00:50 PM »
Lottie, you are right in that it has always been this way. Unfortunately now there aren't enough people playing to just have a "if you don't like it too bad" type of attitude. If we want to keep the players we have we have to try and accomodate all play styles not just those who want to pk. Otherwise the game will continue to dwindle which I know is not what anyone wants.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 07:20:08 PM »
Just because you think you have the biggest gun in town doesnt mean you have to go shooting everyone. each time u decide to have your pissing contests with someone that is level 20-25 you just literally rob someone of like 4 hours of their day for shits and giggles. you dont even loot half the time i bet. you poof in shit all over some poor lowbies and then hide for 15 and rent.. is that how arctic was supposed to be played as well? im confused because i dont EVER recall that being anyones playstyle but your own.. its really just a nuisance for the remaining people in this game. do you honestly think thats helpful at this point? for anyone? perhaps it is time to try a new playstyle or simply move on yourself.. for like 3 days after sob was gone everyone could finally afk for long enough to take a piss. instead of sob, we now have you sitting on spy chars waiting for any slightly larger groups to log off so that you can log on and piss some more folks off without any good cause. we understand what you are saying but i think you are failing to understand us.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 07:21:50 PM »
Dont feel like you need to be the one to enforce shortened piss breaks for the mud dude. just chill out and let the rest of us enjoy the ride.

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 08:14:40 PM »
@Loretta

Once upon a time that was an advantage for Arctic, but now it's what's almost single handedly killing it. I'm not going to argue with you, or even try to convince you. Because honestly, you don't seem to care about the game itself, just your own enjoyment.

Joe

• Fodder
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 09:35:44 PM »
The danger was a lot different when there were 100 people on regularly as opposed to ~20...a lot less than x5. Remember, that more players also = higher turnover, and a greater variety of people due to the casual players. Random PK was a nuisance but anyone could roll a mage and get relocate in crytic or check lemuria for pops. There was more trash gear than not on players back then so people felt less beholden to their precious items.

No one is suggesting a change to a theme park MMO. Adding something like no_reloc adds a dynamic, and may add complexity to the game with assorted penalties and bonuses.