Author Topic: Changes for the upcoming wipe  (Read 1382 times)

Nostramazos

Changes for the upcoming wipe
« on: January 02, 2020, 12:41:06 PM »
These are the things that I want to see as a wannabe Overlord who cannot create anything.
a) Spoons, I cannot eat my eggs
b) McDonalds, all fantasy worlds have McDonAlds, why not Arctic
c) Public Toilets, you want us to eat and drink to avoid malnutrition but what about our constipation when we cannot poop.
d) Toede, more Toede
e) Jack Bauer charmie for 24 ticks. He grows grumpier and stronger and at the last tick he is omnipotent. When you have this, you essentially win the game. Unless you make his idiot daughter into a charmie too
f) Bards
g) Gullies all aligns!

Hoyt

Re: Changes for the upcoming wipe
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 05:58:30 PM »
And now we see why you do not have the ability to create anything :P

Terk

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 07:54:23 AM »
H) foot deodorant

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 10:41:01 AM »
lol, well played

Nostramazos

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 01:32:27 PM »
I thought it was feet deodorant. Why would you just use it on foot?

Mick

• Immortal
  • Fodder
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 09:24:59 PM »
Make clerics better.
- Improve Healing Mist
- Maybe improve Spell Dam
- Make corpses less of a pita (summon corpse? getting 2 corpses before legend actually possible)
- Improve group buffing or make steelskin targetable

Make mages better.
- No one ever zones with, especially once making legend. I have a legend red robe. It zoned once after making legend. Useful for utility but there's a bunch of other char types that do what it can way better.

Improve those classes, don't nerf others.

Thanks!

Malthros

• Fodder
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 04:09:52 AM »
Make clerics better.
- Improve Healing Mist
- Maybe improve Spell Dam
- Make corpses less of a pita (summon corpse? getting 2 corpses before legend actually possible)
- Improve group buffing or make steelskin targetable

Thanks!

Agreed on healing mist.  The only reason to mem it right now is when you don't have something more useful (sunray) to mem when you aren't reapplying steelskin.
Holy word needs some help too.  It'd be fine if it just had the terrible stun rates but some mobs absorb holy word's element as well.
Wave of terror is worthless unless there's some secret awesome niche use for it.

The PITA with corpses is the lack of any sort of "you'll never control this, give up, scrub" messaging.  You just have to animate mob type X or Y a few (dozen) times and if you never control one of them you can only assume it's unusable by players.  If players can actually tell when a corpse is anti-player (since NPCs never fail to control an animate) it'd let newer players learn where the handful of useful prep corpses are, as well as what zones have some, anything, they can animate for some extra help.

Being able to summon your already controlled corpses by casting animate with not target would be a huge QoL buff to put it mildly.  I'd love to see animate go back to 4 corpses max and 2 pre-legend.  The current pre-legend animate is pretty lackluster.

Steelskin shouldn't be targetable.  It'd be nice but it'd be OP as hell.  Not that I'd object to having all that RP to spend elsewhere on a tank...

Legend for casters shouldn't rely on book RNG in general either.

Lloth

• Guardian
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 12:53:42 PM »
I honestly think having steelskin targetable but only last 2-3 tics(while keeping the current length the same for self casting) would be a good thing. That gives clerics more versatility in groups and at least give them something else to cast in the heat of battle besides a heal. This could also free up a ton of ranks for tanks(especially if your second character is a cleric and your first is a tank). I still think that clerics should get some sort of melee ability, think strike + zap. Extra hit in between rounds and has a chance to silence/hold/curse and at higher levels maybe sunbolt(goodie), flamestrike(non frag version) neutral or soul leech (evil).

Another ability that would make clerics a little more engaging is the 'command' skill. Command allows clerics to force players to stand(and maybe move a negative affect) on them. Say your tank gets bashed in there's a lot of mobs, every single mob hitting him is getting that free damage on sitting. If you could 'command' them to stand right after the bash(keeping the bash lag for the tank) but just allowing them to mitigate some of the damage would be cool. You would still need to attach a 1-2 round lag(similar to casting a spell) on the clerics side as well.

Mick

• Immortal
  • Fodder
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 06:29:08 PM »
It's a bit silly at this stage that clerics can't target steelskin considering the existence of stoneskin and ghostskin.

I'd like a beseech skill but maybe with even more benefits (or different) than pallys. This would keep in the 'theme' of clerics too.

Brad

• Fodder
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2020, 01:57:28 AM »
I guess I'll post my thoughts, but I am by far not claiming to understand balancing a game.

-Shamans are in a good spot(maybe more gear)
-Scouts seem decent, but I don't see as many sky scouts around as I used to.
-Thieves are great, and do what they should be able to well
-Mages, I love them...but nobody else does.
-Clerics should be the best group/targeted healers in game... Make new healing mist=current cloud, make new cloud=current healing mist
-Druids are in a good spot
-Barbs are in a good spot
-Warriors are in a good spot
-DK's are Friggin awesome
-Paladins (why do they seem like better tanks than barbs?)

Reincarnation= Cool new thing, Leave it untouched
Medal Ranks= Seems like a ton of work for not much bonus.
Gear decay= I was able to play with gear this wipe that I have never handled before, It is a pain to repop gear...but the gear IS getting spread around the MUD

PVP= In EVE Online, It cost game money per week you are at war with another "clan". That cost is paid for by the clan that declares war. This makes PVP everywhere OK...but there has to be a reason for a group to declare war on another to justify the cost. This also keeps most of the trash from In this game It would be great if a Chieftain could declare war on another clan to get the PVP damage limiter disregarded. The PVP factor could be limited by the amount of coins it cost per week to war. If a clanned character leaves clan after war is declared, his "PVP" flag is still active for 24 hours.  Also, if an unclanned character makes any contact with a clanned character at war, they carry a flag for a brief time that makes them just as damageable as the folks at war. This is a HUGE deal to code up, but it seems to work great in other games I play.... This is something that is a HUGE change....Just an idea.